• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Video of Student Schooling Officer on OC

mobiushky

I guess i should probably try to start doing the same, but with so many crazy, unstable, and nefarious people out there its a double edges sword most times. Cops are not the only ones out there trying to cause problems! we all know this. thanks for the ID and all too.

Absolutely. both "sides" if you will are guilty of stupidity. But you only need to look at the cop in Ohio that threatened the valid CCW carrier with execution when he told him he had a gun to see where sometimes we can be on the worse end of the stick. If that cop had actually followed through and shot the guy, he might have even gotten away with it. As it was, he was fired. So that's a good thing.

mobiushky

This.... mmhmm.. anyway.. lol

Yeah. That's the bad side. Total moron. "It's too hard cause you gotta take classes and stuff." That's scary. "You shouldn't rob me and stuff." Soon as he put his hand on the gun, that's brandishing. That's against the law. Idiot.

BTW, what is a "TNP'er" ?

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Yeah. That's the bad side. Total moron. "It's too hard cause you gotta take classes and stuff." That's scary. "You shouldn't rob me and stuff." Soon as he put his hand on the gun, that's brandishing. That's against the law. Idiot.

But you see my point, THIS is what people who don't frequent this forum, or aren't active in OC see on a daily basis.. and their opinions are (for better or worse) influenced by this..

THIS is why I don't encourage people to post videos.. because .. it HURTS our cause..

If you want to video a stop.. give it to your attorney.. don't monitize it on YT..

--Rob

TNP... "the Nutnfancy project" ... now you see why I don't like him (his videos, I don't know him personally) either.. he breeds this kind of fanboy idiot..

Last edited:

mobiushky

But you see my point, THIS is what people who don't frequent this forum, or aren't active in OC see on a daily basis.. and their opinions are (for better or worse) influenced by this..

THIS is why I don't encourage people to post videos.. because .. it HURTS our cause..

If you want to video a stop.. give it to your attorney.. don't monitize it on YT..

--Rob

TNP... "the Nutnfancy project" ... now you see why I don't like him (his videos, I don't know him personally) either.. he breeds this kind of fanboy idiot..

Is that where this guy "Nutsarefancy" came from? He does some what appears to be spoofs.

I only watch the guys like Massad Ayoob and Travis Haley and Rob Pincus. Even though Rob Pincus is vehemently anti-OC. I'm probably an oddball in that I don't watch them in place of training. I only watch them to learn what I want to take in training. If that makes any sense. I'm actually considering starting IDPA based on a video from Massad Ayoob. But who knows if that will work.

Bellum_Intus

Is that where this guy "Nutsarefancy" came from? He does some what appears to be spoofs.

I only watch the guys like Massad Ayoob and Travis Haley and Rob Pincus. Even though Rob Pincus is vehemently anti-OC. I'm probably an oddball in that I don't watch them in place of training. I only watch them to learn what I want to take in training. If that makes any sense. I'm actually considering starting IDPA based on a video from Massad Ayoob. But who knows if that will work.

haha.. yep... Nutsarefancy is actually funny :p

mahkagari

No, THAT idiot does. But that's a wide brush to paint "know the law" videos with as well.

I missed where it was monetized, but I'm only really skimming this thread.

"the Nutnfancy project"

I wish I had time to look that up. I'm sure I'd have a whole other understanding if I did.

But you only need to look at the cop in Ohio that threatened the valid CCW carrier with execution when he told him he had a gun to see where sometimes we can be on the worse end of the stick.

Cite?

mobiushky

haha.. yep... Nutsarefancy is actually funny :p

Side track a bit, but I didn't want to start a whole thread. I finally mod'd my Glock last night. I've been wanting to turn it into a complete tough guy SHTF gun so I ... Just kidding. I did slightly mod it. My instructor for my pistol class gave me a great tip so I copied him. He only has one mod on his glock 26. So last night I added a small 1/2" strip of skateboard tape on top of the slide at the back just in front of the rear sight. What it does is gives the slide something to grip on when I do a single handed rack. So I can plant that grip tape on my thigh and rack the gun with only one hand. He taught us how, but it didn't work with my plain Glock. Now it does. So that's the beginning and end of my Glock mod. LOL.

Bellum_Intus

No, THAT idiot does. But that's a wide brush to paint "know the law" videos with as well.

The 3 hour lunch I had at Walmart with the individual interested in my firearm carry, had seen several videos and was VERY negative about people who OC as a result.. At the end of our 3 hour ordeal, I finally had him convinced we're not all out to make a buck and are just normal people who exercise our rights to self defense.

This was a person who i'd consider the 'average Joe' here in Colorado, and the 'average Joe' doesn't seem very supportive of videos like this:

This guy was SEEKING a LEO .. JUST to push his agenda.. pay attention to what he says at the beginning..

[video=youtube;hBWghJrVeYA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWghJrVeYA[/video]

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

Side track a bit, but I didn't want to start a whole thread. I finally mod'd my Glock last night. I've been wanting to turn it into a complete tough guy SHTF gun so I ... Just kidding. I did slightly mod it. My instructor for my pistol class gave me a great tip so I copied him. He only has one mod on his glock 26. So last night I added a small 1/2" strip of skateboard tape on top of the slide at the back just in front of the rear sight. What it does is gives the slide something to grip on when I do a single handed rack. So I can plant that grip tape on my thigh and rack the gun with only one hand. He taught us how, but it didn't work with my plain Glock. Now it does. So that's the beginning and end of my Glock mod. LOL.

Nice mod ive seen that and am going to do it myself on my glock, ive seen the two peices of "grip tape" on the back at just the end of the slide also just behind the sights but on the sides of the slide but thats more just for grip, yours seems alot more helpful if you have practiced that enough. which im sure you have.

LoneEchoWolf

The 3 hour lunch I had at Walmart with the individual interested in my firearm carry, had seen several videos and was VERY negative about people who OC as a result.. At the end of our 3 hour ordeal, I finally had him convinced we're not all out to make a buck and are just normal people who exercise our rights to self defense.

This was a person who i'd consider the 'average Joe' here in Colorado, and the 'average Joe' doesn't seem very supportive of videos like this:

This guy was SEEKING a LEO .. JUST to push his agenda.. pay attention to what he says at the beginning..

[video=youtube;hBWghJrVeYA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWghJrVeYA[/video]

I love how they come back at the end to verify he was fishing, as if just being out there enjoying the fresh air OC is a crime, but its flordia... so i dont really know i was under the impression that OC wasnt ok in flordia. But ya rob thats the kinda stuff i mean, talking about and almost looking forward to the encounter.

mobiushky

Cite?

Videos on YT "can" be monetized if you become a YT partner. But who knows if he is.

The officer is Daniel Harless. He was fired and lost his appeal. He's re-appealing or something. From Canton, OH. Here is the YT post from OhioConcealedCarry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

Skip to 06:00 to get to the meat of it. The driver tried to tell the officer he had a permit and a gun, but the officer won't let him. At about 6:10 he tries to tell the office he has a carry. But keeps getting interrupted and can't finish. He has his carry permit in his hand. Later the cop says he can't find the permit. There a few threats in there but the one that got him in trouble is at 13:30. And if he'd done it? He'd have gotten away with it. That's scary.

LoneEchoWolf

ok so i did some looking around since im not fimilure with flordia law and ya i was wrong, the reason they came back to verify that he was fishing is because as the open carry flordia area states it only lawful to OC while Fishing, Hunting, and Camping. so i guess it is illegal in florida to enjoy the fresh air while safe OC'ing, knew there was a reason i have never been.

mobiushky

Nice mod ive seen that and am going to do it myself on my glock, ive seen the two peices of "grip tape" on the back at just the end of the slide also just behind the sights but on the sides of the slide but thats more just for grip, yours seems alot more helpful if you have practiced that enough. which im sure you have.

I have a TON of tape left over lol! Part of the fun was the story about getting it. I went to Wal-mart last night and tried to find it over in the toys, but couldn't. On the way home I stopped at a skateboard shop in Parker. Not a big skater myself. So I walked in (OC'ing btw) and ask the guy for grip tape. He says "you need one board?" I said, "No, do you have it in small rolls or something?" He said, "No we just have this." and help up this HUGE roll about 12" wide and probably 50 feet long. I'm like, Whoa! I only need this much and made a rectangle with my fingers about 1" by 2". He goes, "Oh." so he cut off a strip about 3" by 12". Hands it to me. I said "How much?" He goes, "I can't ring that up. Just take it. How bout this... 1 penny." And laughed. I thanked him and took it home. So I used like 1/20th of what I have... LOL!

Bellum_Intus

Videos on YT "can" be monetized if you become a YT partner. But who knows if he is.

The officer is Daniel Harless. He was fired and lost his appeal. He's re-appealing or something. From Canton, OH. Here is the YT post from OhioConcealedCarry:

AHH.. but here's the kicker.. that's a dashcam, not an 'advocate' posting a bait the cops vid.. I am opposed to bait the cops videos.. not dashcams..

--Rob

LoneEchoWolf

I have a TON of tape left over lol! Part of the fun was the story about getting it. I went to Wal-mart last night and tried to find it over in the toys, but couldn't. On the way home I stopped at a skateboard shop in Parker. Not a big skater myself. So I walked in (OC'ing btw) and ask the guy for grip tape. He says "you need one board?" I said, "No, do you have it in small rolls or something?" He said, "No we just have this." and help up this HUGE roll about 12" wide and probably 50 feet long. I'm like, Whoa! I only need this much and made a rectangle with my fingers about 1" by 2". He goes, "Oh." so he cut off a strip about 3" by 12". Hands it to me. I said "How much?" He goes, "I can't ring that up. Just take it. How bout this... 1 penny." And laughed. I thanked him and took it home. So I used like 1/20th of what I have... LOL!

lol nice! cheapest of all mods then! i didnt think about stopping by a skate shop i dont even think we have one around here anymore, ill haveto look into that, thanks for the tip!

mobiushky

AHH.. but here's the kicker.. that's a dashcam, not an 'advocate' posting a bait the cops vid.. I am opposed to bait the cops videos.. not dashcams..

--Rob

I didn't really reference that video for that reason. Just to show how cops can sometimes (emphasize sometimes cause I know not all cops are bad, in fact probably 99% aren't) make law abiding citizens feel threatened and fear the idea of carrying even though it's totally legal. Or in other words, how some cops can actually be the ones instigating the problem as much as the idiot YT OC'ers. Hope that makes sense.

Bellum_Intus

I didn't really reference that video for that reason. Just to show how cops can sometimes (emphasize sometimes cause I know not all cops are bad, in fact probably 99% aren't) make law abiding citizens feel threatened and fear the idea of carrying even though it's totally legal. Or in other words, how some cops can actually be the ones instigating the problem as much as the idiot YT OC'ers. Hope that makes sense.

It does..

And I know, I've seen good and bad.. on both sides...

--Rob