• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Accidentally shot himself twice in 15 years.

EMNofSeattle

I don't care what the temp is, some progressives liberals have a hard time understanding personal responsibility.

But if he ever becomes a cop we can rest assured he will be out there arresting all those coffee temp violators.:lol:

nope, not at all, the civil court system it more then capable of dealing with this, in the liebeck case, the system worked perfectly....

eye95

When almost every coffee maker keeps and holds coffee at 165 or less then 195 is extreme.

Coffee is made and kept at scalding temperatures. If one spills it on oneself, one will be scalded. If one behaves idiotically, causes that spillage, scalding oneself, that one, and no one else, is responsible for the consequences of that idiocy.

Only idiots care about "how scalding" when assigning fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

EMNofSeattle

Coffee is made and kept at scalding temperatures. If one spills it on oneself, one will be scalded. If one behaves idiotically, causes that spillage, scalding oneself, that one, and no one else, is responsible for the consequences of that idiocy.

<o>

Obviously someone has no familiarity with common law, especially the concept of implied warranty and of the reasonable person.

There is nothing "idiotic" about putting cream in your coffee, there is nothing idiotic about a spill, there is something idiotic about marketing products you know are dangerous (again McDonalds admitted this in open court, in front of God and everyone) and then dismissing the medical bills. it was not "scalding" scalding is when steam causes burns, this was a liquid burn, a burn literally that melted skin off of this old lady. if mcdonalds served you a cup of coffee that literally melted your teeth out of your gums would you consider yourself in "idiot"? the product must be safe for its intended range of uses...... it's implied when you purchase a food product that it's safe for consumption, and at that temperature it most assuredly not safe for that. mcdonalds admitted this.

when a product has unreasonable risks above what are acceptable, like 195 degree coffee, then the company serving it has an obligation, in both common and statutory law, to insure the purchaser is aware of those risks and take reasonable steps to mitigate those risks. if this is too hard for you to understand then you are the idiot here. and here's a life lesson, if you look at a story like this and think "wow, the plaintiff, the judge, the lawyers, and 12 people like myself are all the idiots here" if that's the thought process you need to justify you opinion, you may not be holding a reasonable view of things....

eye95

I am sorry. I didn't realize that the idiot was merely putting cream in her coffee and doing nothing idiotic. :rolleyes:

I have made the point I wish to make, and continuing to go back and forth with you would be a waste, so I will move on to something else.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

this might be the slowest case of "suicide by cop" I've eeeeevvvvvveeeerrrrrr hhheeeeeaaaarrrrrrrrdddddd oooooooffffffffffffffffffffffff.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Hahahaha love it!

I don't care what the temp is, some progressives liberals have a hard time understanding personal responsibility.

But if he ever becomes a cop we can rest assured he will be out there arresting all those coffee temp violators.:lol:

He'll never be a cop.

how insensitive. All they're doing is giving that suicidal bastar@ more ideas on how to finish the job. The silly #uck is probably headed to the nearest McD's lights and siren right now to scald himself to death. Lots of luck, Chief.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Love your sense of humor!

I am sorry. I didn't realize that the idiot was merely putting cream in her coffee and doing nothing idiotic. :rolleyes:

I have made the point I wish to make, and continuing to go back and forth with you would be a waste, so I will move on to something else.

<o>

An idiot who put it between her legs while she was driving! Lucky she didn't kill anyone else!

The reason McDonalds coffee was so hot was because people wanted hot coffee by the time they got to their destination.......now people have tepid coffee.

Now with my own viewpoint, yes Glocks can be more dangerous to people who don't use their brain with handling them. I carry one and I have a serpa holster, a few times my shirt got in the way when holstering, Its something you notice right away.....you stop pull out your shirt and holster it.

It's perfectly safe gun.

EMNofSeattle

Hahahaha love it!

He'll never be a cop.

Love your sense of humor!

An idiot who put it between her legs while she was driving! Lucky she didn't kill anyone else!

The reason McDonalds coffee was so hot was because people wanted hot coffee by the time they got to their destination.......now people have tepid coffee.

Now with my own viewpoint, yes Glocks can be more dangerous to people who don't use their brain with handling them. I carry one and I have a serpa holster, a few times my shirt got in the way when holstering, Its something you notice right away.....you stop pull out your shirt and holster it.

It's perfectly safe gun.

Probably not, hence why I enrolled in a school to learn a job skill for a different career, but I love your enthusiasm...

Stella Leibeck was not driving a car, her daughter was, and the car was parked, no one alleged otherwise. oh and mcdonalds also testified on the stand that their own consumer surveys showed that more customers wanted to drink their coffee right away, not take it elsewhere but I see you have little use for actual facts.

Good example of libertarians real agenda....first they demand any regulations to protect the public or workers be repealed and claim it should all be civil torts, then when someone files a civil claim and wins they scream that we need tort reform, they will stop at nothing to shield big business from any liability at all.....

at least we can agree that the glock is a good gun that's perfectly safe for everyday carry.

Last edited:

Primus

Probably not, hence why I enrolled in a school to learn a job skill for a different career, but I love your enthusiasm...

Stella Leibeck was not driving a car, her daughter was, and the car was parked, no one alleged otherwise. oh and mcdonalds also testified on the stand that their own consumer surveys showed that more customers wanted to drink their coffee right away, not take it elsewhere but I see you have little use for actual facts.

Good example of libertarians real agenda....first they demand any regulations to protect the public or workers be repealed and claim it should all be civil torts, then when someone files a civil claim and wins they scream that we need tort reform, they will stop at nothing to shield big business from any liability at all.....

at least we can agree that the glock is a good gun that's perfectly safe for everyday carry.

Agreed. On all counts.

Edit: except portion about your career choice. None of my business.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Not enthusiasm at all, just a fairly accurate evaluation in reply to WW.

Thank your for the clarification I was wrong for the assumption based on she got it through drive through. She's still an idiot.

The rest is utter bologney.

I never did any of what you are saying. That doesn't have anything to do with my opinion she's an idiot. Nice try at yet another fallacy...:rolleyes:

EMNofSeattle

Of course you would agree on a statement based on no reality.:rolleyes:

why else would you parrot false information about an elderly lady who did exactly what libertarians say you should do? by taking the matter to civil court to be arbitrated?

if you didn't have an agenda you would speak with correct information... except you didn't, you used assumptions that can easily be proven incorrect so you can slander someone (something tells me if your mother got third degree burns from a minor spill and got a civil judgement you wouldn't take kindly to someone on internet courage calling her an idiot)

sudden valley gunner

why else would you parrot false information about an elderly lady who did exactly what libertarians say you should do? by taking the matter to civil court to be arbitrated?

if you didn't have an agenda you would speak with correct information... except you didn't, you used assumptions that can easily be proven incorrect so you can slander someone (something tells me if your mother got third degree burns from a minor spill and got a civil judgement you wouldn't take kindly to someone on internet courage calling her an idiot)

Sigh,,,I apologized for mistaking the details, did you miss that?

She is an idiot for putting hot coffee between her legs, that part doesn't need any other info.

Quit grasping at straws....why else would you make an argument I didn't make and then confirm your mistaken belief on a false argument, are you trying to slander?

Oh yes I do have an agenda, it's even on my profile. Destroying statism.

WalkingWolf

" there is something idiotic about marketing products you know are dangerous"

The above person actually claims to own a gun!:lol:

eye95

I missed the first of your two quotes and missed that line that he quoted because I had moved on from this idiotic discussion of whether the woman behaved idiotically. (BTW, she did).

Making the statement that "there is something idiotic about marketing products you know are dangerous," is idiotic! Everything is dangerous when handled improperly. Coffee is supposed to be scalding hot and guns are supposed to expel projectiles at deadly speeds. Both are dangerous, and it is not idiotic to market them. Both can be used idiotically, and when used in such an idiotic manner, any harm they cause is purely the fault of the idiot behaving idiotically.

BTW, to find the post I had missed, I Ctrl-F'ed "idiot." Do you know how many matches come up on this page??? I made sure that I added a few!

countryclubjoe

Forest Grump- 1994, stupid is as stupid does.-- LOL

liebeck v mcdonalds--- 1994-- I believe she was awarded $670k by the judge...?? Her attorney clearly was not stupid..

Getting back on topic if I may.. Anyone know what type weapon the chief possessed 15 years ago in his first negligent act?

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

WalkingWolf

Forest Grump- 1994, stupid is as stupid does.-- LOL

liebeck v mcdonalds--- 1994-- I believe she was awarded $670k by the judge...?? Her attorney clearly was not stupid..

Getting back on topic if I may.. Anyone know what type weapon the chief possessed 15 years ago in his first negligent act?

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

By the late nineties most departments had switched over to Glocks.

countryclubjoe

By the late nineties most departments had switched over to Glocks.

Thanks WW.. Maybe the chief possesses a special glock that fires on its own every 15 years... LOL

How would the state handle a regular joe citizen being negligent? Would they be arrested, would they lose their license? etc

Regards

CCJ

wimwag

<o>

Or maybe the idiot who hands it to you doesn't put the lid on tight and when attempting to put the cup just handed go the customer nto the cupholder the lid comes loose causing the cup to squish and coffee to scald the hand holding it, this causing the customer to instinctively jerk that hand causing more coffee to spill out and scald the body. I've seen it.