• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

They took my gun!!

OC for ME

You must be really high. You are the one who got suckered into believing they have that in the station and consented to a search. Just because the technology is there does not mean they have it and use it. And if you are really knowledgeable, you will know that they are not very reliable. A rudimentary google search does not really provide you with the intricate knowledge of trace chemical detectors.

The cops relied on your ignorance and full blown stupidity and they took advantage of that. You may think I am stupid, but you already proved that you are.
That's like the youtube video where two cops have a xerox spit out a sheet of paper that says "You lied" cuz the xerox is a lie detector.

OC for ME

That's like the youtube video where two cops have a xerox spit out a sheet of paper that says "You lied" cuz the xerox is a lie detector.
Also...

http://projects.nfstc.org/tech_transition/pspme-ims/presentations/Almirall_Intro_SPME_PSPME.pdf

Check out slide #9.

Lots of graphs and diagrams.

"Smelling" weed is problematic and likely just as "reliable" as a dog. Except a dog can be prompted to "hit." Where as a artificial sensor requires a cop to lie out right.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Interesting how one would rather argue than answer my question which was an actual attempt to help.

dingywingy

I don't think that you understand how the reservation and its laws work.. And that "youtube video" was from a show called The Wire... like I said your ill informed

dingywingy

He did use "copulation" sounds like he must be edjumacated. :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I didn't say it to sound smart it just sounded good with what I was sayin n the word came to mind.. Unlike sheep n simple minded drones like yourself I don't base everything I do, say, or believe around how other people think of me..

dingywingy

Ill never get either of you to see your own ignorance n im already tired of having a conversation with people whom I don't even care to think exist..

dingywingy

What is actually IN WRITING about any of these incidents and seizures?

MAC you are cool I didn't even read what you posted till right now.. Im not entirely sure what the cop wrote down I know he got my info and probably wrote a report on his side of the story but that's it nothing he could possibly have should be able to prevent me from getting my fire arm back.. I don't think he has that power..

But hiring a lawyer is more costly then just buying a newer nicer gun so Im not going to bother anymore and I thought it was a good idea to come here and try n get some help from fellow freedom advocates like myself but I was wrong wrong wrong..

dingywingy

It is obvious from your statements that no one's opinion matters to you unless it supports your illegal activities.

As for you having an Associate's degree ... please do NOT name the community college you attended; I am certain they would be embarrassed by your lack of writing "skills." That is, if you even actually have an AA. Eighteen is the normal age for high school graduation and it would have typically taken two years at a CC to obtain an AA. You must be one of those "prodigies."

Good luck on finding a forum where "people are better informed" about gun issues.

Thanks for playing, and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ when you leave.

I got my GED when I was 16 and immediately working on my degree in computer science n got it soon after my 18th birthday.. a week later I had a secure position payin much more then you could even imagined making when you were my age..

The Trickster

Were you just passing through the reservation or did you stop and get out for some reason(s)? My understanding is that non-tribal folk have a right to pass through while carrying but may not stop and fart around while in their land.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Nothing is ever forgotten on the interwebz. ** PLONK **

His OP also mentioned that he has "knowledge of the laws and statues" around Mesa, AZ. No wonder he gets in trouble and does illegal things ... he gets his information from statues, probably hears them talking to him while he's high. He should spend some time reading the statutes.

Maybe he's 19 when he's high and only 18 when his mind is clear....

OC for ME

Ill never get either of you to see your own ignorance n im already tired of having a conversation with people whom I don't even care to think exist..
Ignorance is not knowing and comporting ones self within the confines of the law.

Your not giving a rip about what other people think may come back a bite you. In fact, your op demonstrates the true in my words. Beyond reproach should be your first consideration.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
MAC you are cool I didn't even read what you posted till right now.. Im not entirely sure what the cop wrote down I know he got my info and probably wrote a report on his side of the story but that's it nothing he could possibly have should be able to prevent me from getting my fire arm back.. I don't think he has that power..

But hiring a lawyer is more costly then just buying a newer nicer gun so Im not going to bother anymore and I thought it was a good idea to come here and try n get some help from fellow freedom advocates like myself but I was wrong wrong wrong..

Were you given any kind of citations? Did you get a receipt for the seizure? It's entirely possible these things were stolen from you illegally. Proving it may be impossible, if so.

Look into FOIA, or whatever the AZ process is. You have a right to all paperwork that they have that is associated with it, for a nominal paperwork fee probably. Sometimes throwing paperwork around gets things done and they rely on the fact that most people your age with your associates won't bother.

I agree that if the only thing you are out is a gun, the lawyer isn't going to be a financial win.

These were tribal police, correct? Do you have the names of the people you dealt with, including the original cop? You should be able to determine if they are also state-certified Law Enforcement, as some tribal police might not be.

Javelina

@Dingywingy is ignorant and a disgrace to those who actually use this sight for what

Your sir, Mr. Dingywingy are ignorant. You are the smart guy with your "Bachelors" degree coming onto OCDO asking OC Activist your rights on illegally possessing a firearm on reservation land. Do you not even realize how you started the forum? You stated that you were Illegally carrying the firearm on the reservation and want our help? Do you really think the reservation gives a damn about you getting your firearm back when you are breaking their laws in the first place? Getting into legal trouble with a reservation is worse than getting into trouble with any other type of law enforcement agency. Also since you do get high there is no way I feel comfortable with you owning a firearm, and don't compare weed to alcohol since with being "18" you my friend have never had alcohol, that is unless you have broken the law further in order to consume it? In all honesty your probably 16 and happened to find this website looking to see if you can legally own a gun at 16. Since you have found out you have to be 18 in the great state of Arizona, you have decided you will post up fairytale stories in order to make the time pass quickly. With being 19 and a 2nd Amendment & OC Supporter, it pisses me off to hear those such as your self think that since you supposedly make a certain income that the world owes you a favor. Look at this example if you really think your high-and-mighty: I drive an 84 Toyota Corolla which is a POS however I work in Scottsdale and drive on the same road that a bunch of other Ferrari's, Maserati's and Lamborghini's drive on everyday that I come to work. Nobody gives a crap about how much you make, that doesn't mean you are above the law. You knew what you were doing was illegally so don't come to anyone on here in hopes of getting out of the consequences, also don't use any lawfully carrying citizen as an example while dealing with any type of law enforcement as this in fact is not the individual you are, it gives us a bad rep. NEVER PICK UP ANOTHER FIREARM AGAIN!!! THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD SAFELY HANDLE ONE GIVEN THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE TOLD US!!!

dingywingy

Your sir, Mr. Dingywingy are ignorant. You are the smart guy with your "Bachelors" degree coming onto OCDO asking OC Activist your rights on illegally possessing a firearm on reservation land. Do you not even realize how you started the forum? You stated that you were Illegally carrying the firearm on the reservation and want our help? Do you really think the reservation gives a damn about you getting your firearm back when you are breaking their laws in the first place? Getting into legal trouble with a reservation is worse than getting into trouble with any other type of law enforcement agency. Also since you do get high there is no way I feel comfortable with you owning a firearm, and don't compare weed to alcohol since with being "18" you my friend have never had alcohol, that is unless you have broken the law further in order to consume it? In all honesty your probably 16 and happened to find this website looking to see if you can legally own a gun at 16. Since you have found out you have to be 18 in the great state of Arizona, you have decided you will post up fairytale stories in order to make the time pass quickly. With being 19 and a 2nd Amendment & OC Supporter, it pisses me off to hear those such as your self think that since you supposedly make a certain income that the world owes you a favor. Look at this example if you really think your high-and-mighty: I drive an 84 Toyota Corolla which is a POS however I work in Scottsdale and drive on the same road that a bunch of other Ferrari's, Maserati's and Lamborghini's drive on everyday that I come to work. Nobody gives a crap about how much you make, that doesn't mean you are above the law. You knew what you were doing was illegally so don't come to anyone on here in hopes of getting out of the consequences, also don't use any lawfully carrying citizen as an example while dealing with any type of law enforcement as this in fact is not the individual you are, it gives us a bad rep. NEVER PICK UP ANOTHER FIREARM AGAIN!!! THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD SAFELY HANDLE ONE GIVEN THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE TOLD US!!!

LOL wow... are you serious? Who would even think of some nonsensical s*** like that??

It doesn't matter what I did to get the fire arm taken they don't care about that they were going to release my property to me with no issues.. Im still entertaining your autistic ramblings by replying and I don't know why..

Kopis

Ok well to keep a long story short I was passing through a reservation about a month ago and my Glock 23 got taken from me.. I knew It was illegal for me to be carrying on a reservation but I was just passing through and thought I wouldn't have any issues but I was wrong and with hindsight I regret having my gun on me that day but anyways the cops were cool and just confiscated my gun baton and knife I was carrying at the time with no charges and they told me to go pick my stuff up from property when I could

Well im only 18 and for some reason no police station will release my gun to me I have to either have my parents get it or in the case of the reservation I brought my cousin to get my property..

Well as im filling out the paper work a narcotics officers comes out of no where and tells me and my cousin that a sensor that detects narcotics in the air went off so he searches me and my cousin and checks my tounge and eyes and says that im under the influence of marijuana which at the time was untrue I was not under the influence at all , but my cousin was high but the officer apparently didn't believe him to be high.. Well he takes the dog to search my car and finds my moms prescription medication and that was all..

Well he tells me that because I was under the influence of marijuana he was going to take my gun and melt it down.. I told him that my father had given me the gun and it was all I had and it softened him up a bit and he then told me if I get a certificate from a drug counsler and show him he would release my gun to me..

So my question is this.. Can he legally withhold my fire arm from me? there is no physical proof other then his conclusion of the way my eyes moved and my tounge was white can he still keep my gun? This is also on a reservation tho so I don't know if he can do this or not..

I know the ATF says anyone addicted to an illegal substance cant own or posses a fire arm but there is no proof I was under the influence and I was in fact not under the influence at the time so please help if you can

eh...... sounds like you put yourself in a really bad situation. Im curious how the firearm was originally seized? What cause did the LEO have to search your car? Why did you consent to a search? Why did you go to a police department while coming down from a high with someone else that was still high?

The bold line says it all...... your firearm is gone, probably a good thing. I feel like you probably gave more info that you needed to and talked yourself into these situations instead of just keeping quiet.