• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

insane patriotards get butthurt over mechanic using imperial flag to fix machinery

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_dazzle23

What you just described is "anarchism". All those synonyms you cherry-picked from your dictionary are instances of the same word being used to mean different things – notably by opponents (rather than proponents) of anarchism. What you just did is akin to getting a definition of "conservative" from a modern leftist.

It's certainly not the "idea" behind the US, rhetoric to the contrary notwithstanding. A strong centralized government is basically the antithesis of self-rule; it's basically the definition of "oligarchy".

The ancient Saxon common law was largely anarchistic, as was the ancient Irish system. Law without rulers works just fine. Actually, given that law with rulers has without exception devolved into corruption every time it's been attempted, I'd say it is, in fact, the various -archys which have never worked throughout all of history.
I didn't cherry pick, it was a direct copy/paste. Like it or not, that's what it's synonymous with in modern english.

My point was that I do love what the flag and the men that gave their lives stood/stand for. I'm certainly not saying government is without fault.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Having read this thread from beginning to end, I am of the opinion that this poster, who is posting on a firearm open carry board, through his expressed and unmitigated anger and hatred for established authority, may represent a clear and present danger to whatever locale he resides in. Proper authorities should be alerted to the possibility that he may find posting to be an insufficient outlet for his beliefs...

His comments, IMO, go far beyond the discomfort many posters herein feel with local, state or federal authority. While he certainly has the right to express his opinions, the level of anger he is demonstrating should be noted -- before we hear about him on the evening news.

twoskinsonemanns

Having read this thread from beginning to end, I am of the opinion that this poster, who is posting on a firearm open carry board, through his expressed and unmitigated anger and hatred for established authority, may represent a clear and present danger to whatever locale he resides in. Proper authorities should be alerted to the possibility that he may find posting to be an insufficient outlet for his beliefs...

His comments, IMO, go far beyond the discomfort many posters herein feel with local, state or federal authority. While he certainly has the right to express his opinions, the level of anger he is demonstrating should be noted -- before we hear about him on the evening news.

lol see something say something.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Do you imagine you will win them over to your way of thinking through expressions of anger or frustration?

Folks tend to assume you're an agent provocateur because your approach seems tailor-made to ensure that folks are repelled by your otherwise sensible observations. Now, I've seen the photo of your room, and I tend to think that finding a voluntaryist flag is more effort than such an individual would likely go to, so I personally think you simply need to work on your persuasive skills.

Every so often I win somebody over, and I swear on the altar of the Flying Spaghetti Monster that this only occurs through reason, well-articulated and coolly presented.

I've had statism shoved down my throat my entire life. I've been told to worship the flag in both public and private schools. I've been told that I am obliged to "love my country." I've been told that I "better" respect the imperial military. I am an individualist by nature, and for my entire life, these assclowns have demanded that I join their creepy, cult-like collective. Now, they get butthurt when I show anger for how people like them have treated me.

Copulate them.

Nice non-sequitur on your part. I understand your motivations, but that wasn't what I was speaking to.

I've been through the same things you have. And, yet, I manage to convince folks to come around to my way of thinking, something I promise your methods will never achieve. If your goal is to aimlessly rage against things you hate while not even attempting to do something about it, why don't you do that in your basement instead of in this forum which some of us have dedicated many hours to?

Unless you are an agent provocateur. In that case your steadfast refusal to make anarchist thought seem anything but petty, childish, and ultimately futile makes perfect sense.

At this point you've been called out. It's time to grow up, or lose the respect of those who actually agree with you. (You've already lost it from everybody else, I can promise.)

Life is struggle, my friend. Relish it, or you might as well give up on life itself. As they say, "if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen".

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I didn't cherry pick, it was a direct copy/paste. Like it or not, that's what it's synonymous with in modern english.

No, it's not. It's "synonymous" with what it means to those who espouse it, not with what its opponents wish it meant.

Otherwise, you grant leftists carte blanche to define "conservatism" as they see fit, given their bare majority and whatnot.

As far as cherry-picking goes, here's my dictionary (New Oxford American – first definition, right on top):

anarchism |ˈanərˌkizəm|
noun
belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.

I win.

J_dazzle23

No, it's not. It's "synonymous" with what it means to those who espouse it, not with what its opponents wish it meant.

Otherwise, you grant leftists carte blanche to define "conservatism" as they see fit, given their bare majority and whatnot.

As far as cherry-picking goes, here's my dictionary (New Oxford American – first definition, right on top):

I win.
I said what it's synonyms were (as published), not it's definition.

Strawman again.

Sheesh.

But I do recognize and see your point.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

lol see something say something.

I would, but his refusal to indicate a location other than "mid-atlantic," even if true, does not allow enough specificity.

Speaking of immature. :rolleyes:

twoskinsonemanns

I would, but his refusal to indicate a location other than "mid-atlantic," even if true, does not allow enough specificity.

Just to clarify I was joking. I don't actually advocate trying to use the government to harass someone just because they feel oppressed by their government. I certainly haven't seen any indication he advocates illegal activity. I'm sure there are those out there that would assume just by your "achievements" listed on your profile you have spent the majority of you life obsessed with violence and training to use weapons to kill.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Just to clarify I was joking. I don't actually advocate trying to use the government to harass someone just because they feel oppressed by their government. I certainly haven't seen any indication he advocates illegal activity. I'm sure there are those out there that would assume just by your "achievements" listed on your profile you have spent the majority of you life obsessed with violence and training to use weapons to kill.

You know what they say about people who assume....

Obsessed with violence? Hardly. Ready to defend myself and family? Of course. Use weapons to kill? No, trained to stop the threat by any means necessary.

As far as "using the government to harass someone," there is a line that, when crossed, results in mentally ill people doing bad things. We have seen several examples of that recently. IMO, as law-abiding citizens who understand the responsibilities of firearm ownership, we need to be wary of those who exhibit extreme tendencies. More people who "go over the edge" because no one took their statements/rants seriously may cause much sorrow and throw another brick at the right of firearm ownership.

There are many posters on this forum whose opinions and attitudes I respect, even if I disagree with them. This particular poster, IMO, is displaying such anger that it should be concerning.

Last edited:

Primus

Must say this is the worst attempt at spreading the idea of anarchy I've seen yet.

It would probably help if it wasn't some 12 year old kid angry at his parents trying to spread the idea.

I actually have respect for the concept of anarchy and some anarchist (or versions of it) on this very site, but this kids attempts really sucks and does more harm then good at the idea.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Must say this is the worst attempt at spreading the idea of anarchy I've seen yet.

It would probably help if it wasn't some 12 year old kid angry at his parents trying to spread the idea.

I actually have respect for the concept of anarchy and some anarchist (or versions of it) on this very site, but this kids attempts really sucks and does more harm then good at the idea.

Hah! It's been a while since I've agreed with you so thoroughly. Fancy that.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Obsessed with violence? Hardly. Ready to defend myself and family? Of course. Use weapons to kill? No, trained to stop the threat by any means necessary.

As far as "using the government to harass someone," there is a line that, when crossed, results in mentally ill people doing bad things. We have seen several examples of that recently. IMO, as law-abiding citizens who understand the responsibilities of firearm ownership, we need to be wary of those who exhibit extreme tendencies. More people who "go over the edge" because no one took their statements/rants seriously may cause much sorrow and throw another brick at the right of firearm ownership.

There are many posters on this forum whose opinions and attitudes I respect, even if I disagree with them. This particular poster, IMO, is displaying such anger that it should be concerning.

So you are a fan of arresting someone based on what they MIGHT do?

And Marshaul, you eloquent ba$tard...:monkey ;)

WalkingWolf

This song is for State Hater, though he is probably too young to comprehend

[video=youtube;cTBx-hHf4BE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBx-hHf4BE[/video]

twoskinsonemanns

It was a simple example not one which I personally agree with.
But your insinuation that he needs to be investigated by the State simply because he is extremely frustrated with the State's corruption and rights violations is disturbing. He has made no indication of an inclination or desire to do anything violent or illegal. Your discomfort at his posts are no justification IMO for your claims.

Someone in your own situation, I am sure, could be subject of some uncomfortable attention. Life long obsession with violence. (Even self defense with a firearm is usually a very violent act). A Veteran (with lots of guns), though it should be an honorable classification is beginning to obtain the stigma of emotionally unstable and dangerous. I imagine you have what some of our own current politicians consider an ARSENAL of war weapons. (hmmm what is he planning) The NRA, of which to state you are a life long member has been accused by our own political leaders as being an "unholy alliance" and worse.
Obviously I disagree with all of that. However a day may come when you have the great eye of sauron burning on you....I truly hope not.

papa bear

I don't know. I can relate to that. I don't have any feelings toward any flag.
It's an identifying symbol. No emotional attachment for me. Maybe I'm a sociopath.

i can understand that, but are you so clueless that you would have used it for a floor mat, knowing that a lot of people would been ticked off.

i still stand by the fact either you are a real dumdum, or you did it intentionally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.