• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Challenge of the GCA,NFA and Hughes amendment in place DONATE TO THE CAUSE

Lohe

Update:

Update posted by Stephen Stamboulieh 4 hours agoOn my website, you can find the filings in Hollis v. Holder. The link is: http://www.sdslaw.us/#!nfa-cases/c1xu9

Service of the complaint and summons effective on Holder and B. Todd Jones on November 5, 2014. I'll file the proofs of service once the certified mail receipts are received.

solus

For those that actually care about freedom and 2a rights. His first case just got filed yesterday against Eric Holder and the ATF. Here is the filling this could turn big as he is also going after the 200 poll tax if he brings that down it could do away with the 1939 NFA act all together.

http://iris.personaltelco.net/~ry/245057730-Hollis-v-Holder-Complaint.pdf

Good read better grab a cup of coffee.

i'm sorry do you truly coming out here under your banner of '...care about...' and sincerely believe '...this could...' etc., and the only comment that comes to my mind, besides what i have stated on the other solicitation threads about this long gun conceptual suit, when pigs fly...give me the $50K and watch what i do when i file suit...this exercise won't make any forward progress but by golly, that $50K will be spent on my expenses faster than you can say 'flash'.

ipse

Oh, btw, you have the audacity to call forum members names cuz they don't believe in the same mythical exercise you subscribe to...uh huh...

Saxxon

Solus, sounds like you are both kitchenware that does not reflect light and assigning labels as such.

Any lawsuit filed like this that may serve to bring to heel (render more reasonable) the NFA, or remove it altogether benefits most all firearms owners. If you don't have a use for a safety device (suppressor), short barreled long guns (home defense, mobile defense during civil unrest) or automatic weapons (ultimate dethrone the tyrant fire suppression for a "well regulated militia") then by all means, send the money to Bloomberg instead.

In most every case that someone has legal standing to file the suit, they probably are like the rest of us and don't have the money to push it let alone all the way to the Supreme Court. Likewise as I learned from my civil action, attorneys often don't have the means to even get to trial either on their own. Thus, a solicitation to interested parties to help with the case. Does that mean the lawyer is going to make money running his business - certainly. If he didn't he wouldn't be in business long to continue the case let alone any others he has, and in fact it may allow him to lighten that load to concentrate on the one at hand.

Can it be just a jerk around to get money to fund continuing income, maybe. But given the misstep by the BATFE under Obama with the NFA and trusts, its not like someone just came out of the blue asserting this looking for funds. They have a real shot at getting somewhere with it given that tax stamps were actually issued for automatic weapons, then illegally seized. Holder & the BATFE created the hole, thinking to close the NFA off further from the public, but in fact when they made the move they created a bigger one. To not exploit it would be stupid beyond measure.

What I'd really like to know is why NRA, RMGO, GOA, NAGR, SAF etc aren't on board helping. Especially the NRA, since I am a life member and the NRA's president in 1934 helped created this mess (NFA) I'd like to see them correct that mistake. Maybe they thought they had good purpose with it at the time, but its been misused to disarm the population of the primary arms that would be most pertinent under the main purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

That is something that even if you don't want to donate, I'd hope you would support. If you don't, I'd have to question who's side you are really on - the nanny staters or the side of the Constitution.

since9

Campaign Veteran
In most every case that someone has legal standing to file the suit, they probably are like the rest of us and don't have the money to push it let alone all the way to the Supreme Court.

About a decade ago, I read the average cost to take it that far was around $1 million.

Just think: If the government diverted just 1/10th of 1% of its annual budget, it would fund 3,500 such challenges each and every year.

Lohe

Haters need not apply...

2nd case fillied this person actualy had built his MG and under proteste forfited to the ATF a as you can see from the last pages. This ones has good standing with the 5th amendment also (yes more than just the 2nd amendment is important. That even includes the first that some posters here should stop excersing that right becuase they are really making them look like an ass.

Basically they took it with no due processes just hey we are the ATF and we say so. Also said more cases to be fillied these just keep getting better for us with each one.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/246633381/Watson-v-Holder-et-al

Last edited:

Lohe

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/16...atson_v__Holder___Motion_to_Compel_p_85_.html

First page of this thread has the links to the updated cases filling. Other big news of this case the Heller foundation and legal team joined the Hollis case!

Www.Hellerfoundation.org

And if you have been living under a rock and don't know who Dick Heller is..
"Dick is a nationally known 2nd Amendment advocate and a proud citizen of the United States of America. Heller’s most recent gun case is entitled Heller II v. DC, a follow-up to the victorious Heller v. DC case of 2008 that overturned the 1976 DC Gun Ban and opened the door for 150 new gun cases nationwide in the first year after the Supreme Court decision."

Is case had the Supreme Court say the 2nd is a individual right and made for a lot of changes in gun laws.

OC4me

I tried to donate via the Heller Foundation website but nothing worked. Tomorrow I'll call them up to let them know something is broken. I was using Chrome, not sure if IE works.

Anyway, this lawsuit is a long-shot (not due to its merits, but sadly a result of liberal court-stacking). Nonetheless, the prospect of a possible victory excites me to no end.

77zach

Getting rid of the unconstitutional Hughes amendment would be......amazing. I like thinking of a few things I would get. A great boon as well because gun laws are decided not by courts and constitutions but by the strength of the gun culture. I seriously doubt this will happen because of said kourt corruption but I applaud the effort.

twoskinsonemanns

I tried to donate via the Heller Foundation website but nothing worked. Tomorrow I'll call them up to let them know something is broken. I was using Chrome, not sure if IE works.

Anyway, this lawsuit is a long-shot (not due to its merits, but sadly a result of liberal court-stacking). Nonetheless, the prospect of a possible victory excites me to no end.

"We are currently moving the site today … please do not attempt to donate"
Found that on the website.
The Heller Foundation is a great group. My FFL worked closely with them throughout the DC case and has great things to say.

77zach

Wow, been doing some light reading. ATF is more corrupt and lawless than I knew. There is a real possibility he wins this thing. I've beein wanting to set up a trust for awhile and this is motivating me. If he wins, wait times on the form 1's will go from a few months to a year and I want to be ready.

What modern sub machine gun would you guys get? SIG MPX has pretty good reviews. I know I want a full auto 10/22.

OC for ME

Wow, been doing some light reading. ATF is more corrupt and lawless than I knew. There is a real possibility he wins this thing. I've beein wanting to set up a trust for awhile and this is motivating me. If he wins, wait times on the form 1's will go from a few months to a year and I want to be ready.

What modern sub machine gun would you guys get? SIG MPX has pretty good reviews. I know I want a full auto 10/22.
Ammunition manufacturers agree with you enthusiastically;).

WalkingWolf

Justice Scalia, the most conservative of the judges, Heller brief.

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. [United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

77zach

Justice Scalia, the most conservative of the judges, Heller brief.

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. [United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."
Wolf, you know how pessimistic I am, just look at the FL forum. I don't think Scalia had machine guns in mind at all. In fact we have every reason to believe he thinks that if only one gun were protected by the 2nd amendment it would be the M4 select fire rifle. But I encourage you to read the case and really analyze it and spend a few days with it. I think it could be big. I will not be shocked if a few years from now Form 1's and tax stamps are gone. Pleasantly surprised, but not shocked.

WalkingWolf

Scalia, at the time of the ruling knew what firearms were banned, and I believe he supports those bans. He believes that the 2A, IMO, is for self defense, and the most common for that defense is the handgun. It is not the first time he has stated that. I wish the best of luck, on this fools errand, but I pray that this errand does not create bad precedence that will further take us down the path.

A bad ruling now will stick with us even if the scope of the court becomes libertarian. Courts are very cautious, about throwing out the bath water once it is soiled. I have no doubt how Scalia will rule.

77zach

Scalia, at the time of the ruling knew what firearms were banned, and I believe he supports those bans. He believes that the 2A, IMO, is for self defense, and the most common for that defense is the handgun. It is not the first time he has stated that. I wish the best of luck, on this fools errand, but I pray that this errand does not create bad precedence that will further take us down the path.

A bad ruling now will stick with us even if the scope of the court becomes libertarian. Courts are very cautious, about throwing out the bath water once it is soiled. I have no doubt how Scalia will rule.

It's not Scalia I'm worried about. I feel silly saying this because I probably wouldn't believe someone else saying it online, but a pretty good friend of the family is more than acquaintances with Scalia. He thinks we "probably" have a right to own grenade launchers because they're commonly carried by individual soldiers. Arguing from the lesser to the greater......I infer that "dangerous and unusual" does not mean what we pessimists/realists think it does.

This case, as it relates to law abiding citizens possessing firearms in the home, is like the Frodo Baggins taking the ring into Mt Doom in Mordor. We're attempting to wire the enemy stronghold for destruction, and this is probably the best opportunity we have for the next 20 years.

WalkingWolf

Well I hope it goes like you believe it will, because if it doesn't the congress and any administration will have validated any bans on guns other than sporting use, and personal self defense use, probably forever.

IMO lobbying to change the laws makes a hell of a lot more sense than upsetting the apple cart FOREVER.

I won't waste my money on this, I can see a huge setback and victory for anti gunners with this attempt. YMMV though.