• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Action February 17th Meeting - Frankfort KY

solus

My damn J O B gets in the way for me. Too bad we aren't like mommies and get paid to be professional protesters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not paid per se, just 'getting' out of the house doing their perception of assisting a cause...

(***following said completely in jest~where are their partner(s) to keep better accountability of their daytime activities ~ remember said in jest***)

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Could be that a fancy, large lens is to make up for deficiency in another area. :lol: :banana:

Does I get a cookie for sayin' that?

poetdante

not paid per se, just 'getting' out of the house doing their perception of assisting a cause...

(***following said completely in jest~where are their partner(s) to keep better accountability of their daytime activities ~ remember said in jest***)

ipse

Some are paid I believe. Someone is paying organizers. They have hotel rooms, matching attire, etc. the organizers and probably a few out of state had some sort of compensation

DrakeZ07

Sorry for bailing before the event at 2 or whatever time it was, I thought my anxiety meds would hold up for the rest of the day on my normal dosage, but after the cute guy in the trench coat mentioned the concealing for cameras and such, it hit me that there was really gonna be news folks and I started to have an internalized panic attack. I owe the cute guy with the dog a coffee, and walked away from the show-up finding out the others that showed up are pretty cute~ Look out Gutshot, you've got some competition in the fight for my heart~ <3

solus

Some are paid I believe. Someone is paying organizers. They have hotel rooms, matching attire, etc. the organizers and probably a few out of state had some sort of compensation

please don't confuse per diem for 'work' compensation. an awful lot of national volunteer entities, 4h, USAArchery, NRA, ARC, Salvation Army ad nauseam, have volunteers who 'donate' time while volunteer w/per diem being paid to facilitate their participation. even those ARC and other social agencies who work heavily with volunteers, and need to send them into disaster areas only pay per diem while the volunteers are on the disaster site and those volunteers pay for their own agency clothing to wear to represent the social agency.

if you are in BSA there is no per diem and adult leaders personally spend their hard earned mega bucks on uniforms so they have mandatory matching attire and BSA niched equipment. NRA, USAArchery, etc., instructors/trainers, unless connected to a shooting facility/association, also pay for their shirts and other niche clothing and equipment out of their pockets.

now, who is paying the per diem...i am sure somewhere there is a financial conduit back to the 'national' MDA entity which a group of 'paid' employees oversee, but these paid employees are not out on the street pounding the pavement and beating the bushes being antagonistic!!

ipse

Ahareht

Last edited:

poetdante

I'm surprised that brave young man bringing truth to their lies and misdirection has not been blocked yet by the cowards controlling the page!

A big thank you to him and encouragement to keep up his work.

Wait how do they know that those folks were there in counter protest? What if they had taken pictures of regular folks who just OC when seeing their reps, like several did. Isn't that spreading a lie? Imagine if they got someone who wasn't there in protest and post their picture...

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...Wait how do they know that those folks were there in counter protest? ...
I don't know about you, but I 1) wasn't there in counter-protest, and 2) didn't need an invitation by the Lying Mommies to be there.

...Isn't that spreading a lie? ...
As honest people of character instantly recognize, dishonestly is the hallmark of the Lying Mommies leadership.

While we may find common ground with some members, we need to always remember that the lies spread by the leadership have resulted in numerous ended lives, injured bodies and minds.

Last edited:

poetdante

I don't know about you, but I 1) wasn't there in counter-protest, and 2) didn't need an invitation by the Lying Mommies to be there.

As honest people of character instantly recognize, dishonestly is the hallmark of the Lying Mommies leadership.

While we may find common ground with some members, we need to always remember that the lies spread by the leadership have resulted in numerous ended lives, injured bodies and minds.

I'm sure they are responsible for some career losses too. I was told they try to get folks who are pro-gun fired from their day jobs.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemand...0719666712627/923460411105213/?type=3&theater

We made the main Facebook page. Even more of you all are featured this time. Strange that my photo isn't there (they took it enough) but I guess a disabled veteran with a service dog doesn't fit their mold for irresponsible gun owner. They got one of your fantastic pink came, but not your hair sadly.
I'm thinking we need to enlist Valor the next time we're around some of the Lying Mommies.

Either that, or get Hitlery in on things: https://youtu.be/yhyt8PP1zXQ

P.S. - Hitlery was talking about a dog that barked when the a lie was told. Watch the full video (and another funny one) here: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/hillary-clinton-barks-like-a-dog/

Last edited:

poetdante

Ahareht

One thing I found funny was a comment that they thought me and Valor were there supporting the Mom's. Also drake, I wanted to let you know, you and your pink cammo are famous according to the replies on the Facebook thread. Kinda sad they didn't get your hair in the picture too.

solus

reading the FB comments those folk are posting and i find they are like Piranha in a feeding frenzy w/their comments feeding on themselves in the process...

absolutely phenomenal to read...they are psych'g themselves up to a lynch mob pitch...truly unbelievable to witness...

Spock said it best...'fascinating'...

ipse

Last edited: