• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Autonym

1. A

Portland 14A.60.010

imported post So I know Portland has the (debatable) right to restrict possession of firearms thanks to ORS 166.173. Their ordinance that declares that restriction is 14A.60.010, which reads, in part: Full text available here: http://www.portlandonline.com/Auditor/index.cfm?c=28514&a=15437...
  2. A

UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC)

imported post For your consideration. Read and discuss: http://www.hslda.org/courtreport/V25N4/V25N401.asp “The spread of small arms creates a serious global problem and requires an equally urgent response because the lives and futures of children are at stake. These weapons have...
  3. A

Oh, by the way... Hi!

imported post Hey guys, So I've been talking with you folks, virtually, for a little while now. Looking at some of your profiles, some of you have been on here forever, while others are newer. I just started looking in to this within the last month or so, and decided to chime in here and...
  4. A

Portland Metro Area No-Carry Zones

imported post I looked up the city boundaries of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, and Oregon City - those cities in the greater Portland Metro Area with a 'No Loaded Open Carry' law on the books and approximated them using Microsoft MapPoint 2009. I had to use the 'Census' level data in order to...
  5. A

First Open Carry!

imported post Hey folks, Just got back from my first open carry - just a short trip down to Safeway in Sherwood. Not one question, comment, or confrontation. I did hear behind me a young girl's voice, "Daddy, is that a real gun?". She sounded more curious than concerned. Since it wasn't...
  6. A

Pretty Cool T-Shirt...

imported post I don't know these guys but I found this while stumbling around the Internet and thought it was a pretty cool shirt. I'm picking one up! http://www.tatteredstar.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86
  7. A

Oregon Roll Call

imported post Hi all! I'm new to the boards but I've jumped in on some of the discussions. There's been a few threads on doing get-togethers and open carry to help bolster our rights. It was suggested we do a 'roll call' to see who's currently active on the Oregon boards and local to arrange...