• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by cmartin7864

1. C

VCDL Plug on Radio

imported post If anyone was listening to the Mike O'Meara show, on WJFK 106.7,today I got Mike to plug VCDL.ORG today on his show. He is thinking about getting a gun and a lot of people were calling with things like "you can only shoot an intruder twice in VA." Hopefully people listening picked...
  2. C

Virginia CHP Question - Military ID?

imported post I am going apply for my CHP in Fairfax County tomorrow so I don't have to worry about covering my gun with a coat during the winter. Is my current military ID sufficient to show proof that I have demonstrated competence with a handgun? Has anyone else used their military ID for a CHP?
  3. C

Laws for Private sale of gun

imported post What is the VA law concerning private sale of a handgun?
  4. C

Bullet Holes in Street Signage in Clifton

imported post I was just driving home and noticed bullet holes in several stop and street signs on Wolf Run Shoals and Henderson Dr. I live off of Henderson and this is a very low crime area. Anyone else in this area notice these holes? I usually don't carry around the house but am beginning to...
  5. C

Mother fends off robbers with handgun

imported post http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/crime/article/mother_fends_off_robbers_with_handgun/21884/
  6. C

Open Carry Laws in NC

imported post I will be traveling to NC in a couple of weeks from VA. What are the NC open carry laws? Is it the same as VA? No permit needed....
  7. C

OC for first time

imported post
  8. C

First OC experience

imported post OC'd for the 1st time tonight at 7-11 in Manassas at Balls Ford and Ashton Ave. Clerk was checking it out but was very nice and didn't seem to care.
  9. C

Dominos

imported post Dominos would have fired him too. I worked for them for 6 years and you can't carry any weapons, i.e. pepper spray, knives, guns, etc.... :cuss:
  10. C

+P Ammo

imported post I bought some +P ammo for my Taurus P145. The manual doesn't say not to use it but says it can be dangerous. Does anyone have any experience with firing this type of ammo from a Taurus?