• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by emptypockets

1. E

King, NC Gun Ban

imported post Found this on Drudge this afternoon. http://www.wxii12.com/news/22487153/detail.html occurred during the "snow emergency" in NC. Key paragraph (although some might worry about the alcohol ban). "Other restrictions included a ban on the sale or purchase of any type of firearm...
  2. E

Relinquishing Control of a personal weapon

imported post A question was posed to me at work. At what point are we - whether OC or CC - required by law to relinquish control of our sidearm? At a traffic stop, we are required to disclose our CC status. Does this give the officer the right to seize our weapon under the guise of officer...
  3. E

The Tactical Nature of OC

imported post I just visited Evan Marshalls site (not the mandolin guy, that was just a joke) and read through the forum thread about OC vs. CC. and my fertile little mind started smoking and rattling and trying to work and came up with this question: If OCing is so bad tactically and just...
  4. E

CC in School Admin Building

imported post Is a School Administration building a PFZ even if it is in a building off site from an actual school building?