• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by fryfrye

1. F

Arlington to Fairfax --- Address Change

imported post I looked thru the VA Permits thread and didn't find the exact answer I am looking for. I moved to Fairfax and need to get the address on my CHP updated. The VSP site says: "The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of...
  2. F

Arlington County Fair

imported post Yes, I know its Arlington. I have often wondered if we should have a VCDL booth? I sent an email last year to the organizing committe asking for stance on firearms, no reply. Its a very grey area as it is both public park and a school. I'd be happy being able to open or CC...
  3. F

NRA HQ Range Re-Open?

imported post Website shows that the range-should "re-open" today... anyone know if it really is? Tuesdays are usually "closed" public days... any reports on any other improvements?
  4. F

Poll: should students be allowed to carry a gun on campus?

imported post http://www.thetriangle.org/home/ My college news paper... well... when I _was_ in college many years ago...
  5. F

Did Obama just overturn National Parks Carry?

imported post Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090121/pl_nm/us_obama_regulations Text: WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama's new administration ordered all federal agencies and departments on Tuesday to stop any pending regulations until they can be reviewed by incoming staff...
  6. F

OT: Ammo available @ Dicks

imported post Just an FYI, I know ammo has been a little hard to find, but Dicks near Bailey's Crossroads has a pretty good supply of .223 Rem for 8.98 when you buy 10 or more... Remington White/Green box 55gr. They also have 3 or 4 cases of Rem 9mm, some winchester PP, federal PP, and...
  7. F

Metro to conduct Random Searches

imported post Metro officials announced today that they will begin randomly inspecting backpacks, gym bags and any other containers that riders carry with them onto the bus and rail system, in an effort to deter possible terrorist attacks...
  8. F

Kaine VP good for us... in a strange twisted way?

imported post If Kaine is tapped by Obama, would he resign as Gov? If he resigns, then Lt. Gov would take over? The reason I ask, is the Kaine is the only thing that stood between us and a few good reforms to some gun laws? I suppose I need a civics lesson on how Virginia works on these...
  9. F

Voice Recorder

imported post Ok, I read in a lot of threads about the use of a voice recorder. I am assuming that its legal in Virginia to record without consent? I am thinking about getting a voice recorder... wondering a few things: 1) Where do most you you carry it? a) When walking about...
  10. F

Ballston Common Mall Now Posted

imported post I live very close to Ballston Common Mall and frequent the Regal Cinema there... and I finally got to see the new Indiana Jones Movie this weekend... On my way OUT of the theater I noticed a new "Code of Conduct" sign that was posted nearest the Panera Bread Company...
  11. F

VCDL Saturday Lunches...

imported post Anyone attend? How did it go? I don't recall getting the email with the location. fryfrye