• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by geoffw

1. G

Mis-Information about OC with a CCW

imported post Today during a conversation at work, a visitor noticed my sidearm and we started a conversation. He brought up that he has a CCW but doesnt carry much. When I told him I had one as well and I carry everywhere, he said, "You arent supposed to carry openly if you have a CCW, they...
  2. G

UOC in San Mateo County

imported post So anyway, I grew up in the Redwood City/Emerald Hills area of San Mateo county for 20 years before I moved to Las Vegas. Living in a free gun state, OC isnt an issue. However, I will be going back to CA to visit family and friends and Im curious as to what the laws in San Mateo...
  3. G

Spoke to Assistant to the Chief of Police of NLV

imported post I just got off the phone with Tim Bedwell, he is the assistant to the Chief and I must say, he was extremely helpful, polite, and overall a pleasure to speak with regarding the NLV municipal codes. One thing he pointed out was that his officers are NOT out to harass ordinary law...
  4. G

Class Action Lawsuit to Challenge laws pre-empted by SB92

imported post Today, I called NLVPD as I do every once in awhile to keep them in check. I was informed for the first time by one of their desk officers that bascially the laws havent changed since SB92 and the pre-emption did not affect their local ordinances. I feel it is time for us to work...
  5. G

VegasGunTrader.com - New Gun Classifieds Site for Las Vegas

imported post Check it out. It needs some more posts. Its free and private. Give me some imput. -Geoff
  6. G

Open Carry Advertising - Las Vegas

imported post What does everyone think about doing some advertising to the Vegas Sheep? Today, I went and posted this attached ad on Facebook. Everyone between the ages of 21 and 60 will be seeing it on Facebook shortly. What are other somewhat affordable ways to advertise to the public? We...