• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by greg36f

1. G

Open carry in belt holster only?

imported post California penal code section 12025 states in part (f) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section. Does this mean that you must carry your weapon openly only in a belt holster? If this is not so, why does the law specify a belt...
  2. G

How to find schools

imported post I know that this hasbeen addressed in the past, but I cannot find it on this site and I think that a refresher will be helpful for some of the new guys. If I am going to a specific address, how do I use Google Earth to determine the distance of schools from that address? Just...
  3. G

Have you really thought this through?

imported post None of this is meant to discourage any form of carry, but I think that these are important issues to address. Some of this has been covered in other posts, but I have never seen this issue address directly in its own post, so here goes. I would like to know if you have really...
  4. G

Concealed magazine

imported post I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to. If I am open carrying, must the magazine also be visible. If so, is this just common sense, or is there case law or a statute that says IMUST have BOTH the gun and magazine visible. What I am really looking for is a...