• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by hawaidvr9

1. H

Quote from DOL (Washington State)

imported post A co-worker and I were discussing an issue we have with private security who walk around with their hand on their firearm, in the ready to draw position. That conversation lead to my sending an email regarding "open carry" to the Department of Licensing here in Washington state...
  2. H

On going Theme

imported post I have said this in the past and continue to notice a pattern. LEO's often do not know the law or they simply do not care. I have said to my wife (we just got our car broke into while we were out of town) that the Spokane Police Dept. does not investigate property crime. That they...
  3. H

Machette Attack

imported post I wanted to share this story with everyone. I know the young man was not old enough to carry a concealed pistol in the State of Washington, so thats not needed as a major discussion. However, I do feel that if at 18 years old a person can join the military, then at 18 years old...
  4. H

Next Generation

imported post I do not worry so much about today or even the near future, say the next 10 to 20 years. I feel there is still enough people who feel passionately about our rights that they are willing to fight for and keep them. My children know how to handle every handgun and rifle that I own...
  5. H

Muliple state CC licenses

imported post I have heard that a person can apply for CC license from other states, I have also heard there is a website with the information on how to go about it. I believe the process entails getting a license from a state and other states recognize that states license. Is it even...
  6. H

What is the process

imported post what is the process for getting a law put on the "books" that clearly defines the legality of OC'ing? I know I could look up the information, but thought I would just be lazy and also see if there were reasons for and against such an idea. one would think that a clearer law...
  7. H

Safety Whistle

imported post 1. When you blow your Safety Whistle, the police will hear it from inside their cars. 2. Sounds different from a thousand other whistles that kids are playing with everyday. 3. The attacker will enjoy the high pitch sound being blown into his face, he may even dance. 4. Will...
  8. H

boondoggle

imported post Boondoggle 5. to do work of little or no practical value merely to keep or look busy
  9. H

have a good week

imported post I am leaving for the day in just a few mins. But I wanted to say that this has been an educational day. I have enjoyed the comments and the postings. I wont be back until next weekend as I am not in front of a computer during the week here at work. So until next weekend, Aloha...
  10. H

carry badge?

imported post In a recent conversation with my wife about my open carry preference, up until today has been never done, I wondered aloud about LEO's. I have seen several off duty LEO's open carry and right next to their firearm is a badge attached to the belt. I have seen badges that say...
  11. H

imported post I just added my avatar, I will make a new one later with the holster included after work. I am typically a Sig Sauer man. However, I do love Smith and Wesson. I wanted to buy a 9mm and had been doing a lot of shopping. I came across the Smith and Wesson M&P compact 9mm. I love...
  12. H

Washington Open Carry picnic / day

imported post I am a Spokane resident and have been a non member of Opencarry.org forever. However, I have changed this as of today. I have my CPL and my routine for carrying is wonderfully embedded into my daily activities. I am saddened though at times. Recently I purchased a new handgun...