• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by mag71911

1. M

Why the tattered U.S. flags?

Hi, everyone. I'm from Michigan, and live in a rural area, and I've noticed something lately that alarms me. At two different houses in the area where I live, on two different roads miles apart, there are tattered American flags hung outside for display. Both are absolutely tattered-- actually...
  2. M

What Sort of Restrictions Should the 2A Have?

I have enjoyed reading this forum and have learned a lot (going into year two now). I've noticed that many of the posters in this forum seem to be of the view that the Second Amendment should impose almost no restrictions on an individual's right to own/carry a fireram(s). There is even one...
  3. M

safety inspections

imported post Hi, folks, I'm new to this forum, but I've been scanning through a few of the posts about open carry and have a question. I've seen it mentioned more than once on this website that a person can open carry a handgun in Michigan if it is "safety-inspected." I applied for and...