• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Magix

1. M

OT Home Invasion

Didn't see this posted yet...one for the good guys in our backyard. Police: Tacoma homeowner fatally shot intruder http://tacoma.komonews.com/news/crime/one-dead-tacoma-shooting/632615 Submitted by KOMO Staff Monday, April 4th, 02:53pm What began as a burglary attempt ended with one person...
  2. M

9mm 147gr Gold Dot

imported post Anyone use the 9mm 147gr Gold Dot? I'm just curious how it performs because I bought a case. I carry a USPc.
  3. M

OT Stabbing in a Target

imported post http://cbs4.com/national/Target.stabbing.spree.2.1672681.html It really could happen anywhere, anytime, and to anyone. Edit: Calif. Woman Goes On Stabbing Spree At TargetOff-Duty Sheriff's Deputy Clay Grant Credited With Stopping Assailant ose...
  4. M

New FFL transfer legislation and fees?

imported post I'm looking for a FFL to possibly ship a new gun to in the Federal Way, Kent, Renton, Burien, or Des Moines area. I've called to a couple places and they all said a lot of the businesses in Washington State that used to do FFL transfers will no longer be doing it because of new...
  5. M

Selling a rifle in WA

imported post Are there any requirements for selling a rifle in Washington State? I'm wondering about a private sale, not through FFL. It is the same procedure as selling a handgun? Just covering my bases. :) Thanks!
  6. M

OT WTS - Sig Mosquito LNIB

imported post I have a black LNIB Sig Mosquito 22LR. I bought it brand new just last month and took it to the range once. I fired 200 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag through it and decided it wasn't for me. I can guarantee it's in 100% perfect condition since I cleaned it and put it away in the box...
  7. M

OT Sig 522 Rifle

imported post I bought a Sig 522 and it has a flat top with no sights. It's a 22LR rifle. I'm trying to figure out what scope I should get for it. I'm thinking about the Bushnell Tactical Elite 1x32 Red/Green T-dot Riflescope because it's gotten some good reviews. Does anyone have a suggestion...
  8. M

A new toy to carry!

imported post Just received a new USP Compact for my bday! Anybody know a good shop on the eastside, near Kirkland, that can install night sights for me?
  9. M

BVAC 9mm Ammo

imported post I'm trying to get some reviews about BVAC 9mm ammo. Never really heard of the company and want to make sure their remanufactured rounds are dependable for plinking. Any good or bad reviews?
  10. M

Leaving a gun in the car

imported post I have my CPL. Is it legal to leave my loaded gun in the car? (Locked and out of sight of course) Or does Washington require you to unload it? Thanks
  11. M

New Bill Requires Firearm Registration??

imported post I got this email regarding "HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009". It states that you would have to register your firearm and pay a fee for each one (among other things). "Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or...
  12. M

Kimber Custom TLE II

imported post I already have a Glock 19 that is perfect for carry, but recently I've been memorized by the Kimber 1911's. Specifically, I'm planning to get the Kimber Custom TLE II (in black, chambered in .45ACP) when I can find one locally. It has all the specs I'm looking for and is the exact...
  13. M

Gunsmith in Kirkland?

imported post Anyone know a good gunsmith in Kirkland, or nearby?I'm looking to install night sights on my Glock 19. Also, what's a reasonable price to have them installed? Thanks.
  14. M

WTS: Springfield XDm 9mm Bitone NIB

imported post OK, I'll be honest. This was a total impulse buy when Isaw it shining up at meand my significant other does not approve at all since I have two other guns that are relatively new. Thus I need tosell a NIB Springfield XDm 9mm Bitone (Nickel/Black). Asking $650 to recoup my exact...
  15. M

Private Gun Sale Question

imported post Hi. What are the proceduresfor a private gun sale in Washington State? I've looked around and found some vague answers. I just want to be clear before selling one of my guns. Any papers, forms, etc. necessary? Thanks!