• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Misguided Child

1. M

OT Silver coins

imported post I did a trade for some 90% silver U.S. coins and have more then I really wanted. I thought I'd check here before I put them on E-bay. I have $50 face value in dimes and quarters that I will sell at 10x face. All or part.
  2. M

FS- Two tone Sig 229 in .40

imported post One year old, about 1500 rnds fired with no failures of any kind. Siglite sights, Stainless short trigger installed. Original case, 3 magsand accesories. Plus spare barrel in .357 Sig. Serpa holster, single and double mag pouches all in Carbon fiber(hey, ya gotta look good with a...
  3. M

FS Benelli Marine Shotgun

imported post I thought I'd offer this to board members before I go put itin for consignment. Bought this last spring but have decide I really want an M1. It's in beautiful shape, has the rifle sights and nickle marine finish. Not the best pic's but I could email more if needed. CPL required. $400
  4. M

A OC Day in Fife

imported post I spent my day in Fife taking theLFI 1 course. I would highly recommend this to anyone who owns a gun for defense. I felt a little conspicuous as the only person OC'ing out of 56 people in the room, all gun owners and generally carriers although for some reason only about half...
  5. M

Lowes?

imported post Ijust heard from a Lowes employee that last thursday someone OC'd into the Mill creek Lowes and was asked to leave. Even worse the next day the temp manager made an announcement to store staff that it was illegal and if they see anybody doing it they are to notify management...
  6. M

Snohomish county shooting

imported post Does anybody know of a good shooting spot where I can take the AR, AK, and shotgun? I'd really like 100 yds or more and I think there must be a couple spots somewhere. Between Monroe and Granite falls would be best.
  7. M

Video taping

imported post Ok, I know the laws concerning audio taping have been discussed here several times. But how about video taping? I ask because after the break in at my house in Feb. I had a video security system put in that should give me vid of anyone breaking into house or garage. Today a...
  8. M

Burglary

imported post Well, I'm back online after a burglary Feb 5th. I thought I would pass on a couple points. One, hug your gun safe(s) every now and then. If you don't have one, get one.I am many thousands of dollars ahead now because of the safes. All they had to steal was an older computer...
  9. M

Magazine pouches

imported post Before I head down to FAS next month I need to have pouches for at least two spare mags on my belt. I bought and tried an Uncle Mikes double pouch and didn't like it, it wouldn't hold the mags tight enough. Looking at what is available online I like the Bianchi M29 and the...
  10. M

Defensive handgun training/competition

imported post Are there any types of practical/defensive pistol shooting ranges in the metro area? I am a competent bullseye shooter and have had some close range shooting drills with the Marines but have never had any training for defensive handgunning. All the ranges I've been at strongly...
  11. M

Goings on in Marysville

imported post 6:45 am sound asleep. no scanner needed; BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, POLICE, SEARCH WARRANT! OPEN THE DOOR! 3 times. I was wide awake after the first one. Then a woman opened the door, they got her down, then broke out a couple windows to expedite their search. Not my house, just the...
  12. M

How often have you been stopped?

imported post Ok, new guy here. I just learned last week from the guys at Sams' that OC was legal. So I've been reading all the info I can on this forum and decided I should probably get a holster with better retention then the IWB holsters I use for CC. So while I was at work I called Sams and...