• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by patriot1776

1. P

Carrying an AR15 in a State Game Area or State Forest

imported post I normally carry my AR15 on my chest when hiking through state game areas or forests. I usually carry it for target shooting or just because I feel like it (I'm nothunting). I know that target shooting in state game areas and state forests is allowed (unless otherwise posted). In...
  2. P

.357mag or .44mag?

imported post I am looking for an all purpose revolver, with a 4-6" barrel. I am looking at the Ruger GP100 and Ruger Redhawk models. I am not interested in a S&W due to the integrated safety lock, and I would like to purchase a new gun, so a used S&W is out of the question. Plus the Ruger is...
  3. P

Open Carrying an AR-15 Carbine

imported post I do a lot of shooting a local state game area. I usually park along side a road, load up my AR-15 Carbine with a 30 rounder and hang it over my chest using a vickers two-point sling. I also carry a backpack full of ammo/targets/food/water. Sometimes I have to walk a half mile or...