• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Peacemaker

1. P

Good range near Augusta?

imported post Does anyone have a favorite public pistol range with reasonable range fees near Augusta?
  2. P

Are restaurants posted liquor establishments? Preemption?

imported post I am familiarizing myself with Maine's laws. Are restaurants that serve alcohol considered posted liquor establishments? Does the State have preemption or does one have to worry about city and county ordinances regarding open carry? So far, I have reviewed the Maine statutes...
  3. P

State parks; pending legislation?

imported post Is there any pending legislation to correct the State park problem? Considering how few places are generally off-limits, it is hard to understand why it is unlawful to carry while hiking and camping in the woods where no one is going to come to your immediate aid.
  4. P

Older 11 round magazines?

imported post I have an older pistol that was manufactured in the early 90s. It came with a number of standard capacity (for this gun) 11 round magazines. Do I have to buy 10 round magazines before visiting CA or are some older magazines grandfathered? I understand the CA's purchase laws are...
  5. P

First OC "Encounter"

imported post I suppose it was bound to happen. I have openly carried a lot and have never been asked any questions from anyone until today! The neighbor's son and his friend were playing near my house and came over to bring to my attention a small matter involving my dog. One of the boys...
  6. P

Non-licensed car carry

imported post I have upcoming business in SC. Since the State does not recognize my Georgia GFL or Utah non-res, I know I am limited to keeping a pistol in my car or carrying it into a rented room. I have reviewed the following information: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf...
  7. P

Judge Doris Downs struck down Atlanta's ban on park carry!

imported post http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=115693
  8. P

Pistol in car at an airport?

imported post Is it lawful to have a pistol in the car while picking someone up from an airport in Alabama (specifically Birmingham)? I have a carry license from a reciprocal state.
  9. P

First time OC

imported post I finally worked up the courage to open carry away from the range and my own property! However, it was a really small step because it was only while visiting the walk up ATM machine at my bank after hours. It's a start :cool:.