• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by rebel-patriot

1. R

Merry Christmas!

imported post Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year. I have a lot of things planned to happen in 2010 and expect it to be a rocking year! Gulf Coast Gunman
  2. R

Anyone want to volunteer some time to Florida OC?

imported post I am thinking of investing some money in getting a table at the next gun show here in Tampa. I cannot be there on Saturday and would need someone to help man the booth to collect signatures and spread the word etc.. PM me on this board if interested. Gulf Coast Gunman
  3. R

Please support the Florida Open Carry Movement

imported post I have tonight debuted a new website: http://www dot floridaopencarry dot org (not trying to get any false SEO stuff here guys and gals.) The reasons for doing so can be found in this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum17/33304.html Now to my reasons for this post.. To...
  4. R

The NEW Florida Open Carry Petition

imported post I started coming here to this board a few months back. I was very interested in this topic of Open Carry of firearms. I quickly recognized that the petition started a couple years ago was at that time dead. I could not get to the results page at all after attempting to sign the...
  5. R

Florida DEP Open Carry Issue - The RESOLUTION

imported post Ladies and Gentlemen, I got involved with this board a few months ago and came across this issue while planning a local OC event. It has taken time and effort to bring this issue to this point but I am happy to inform you of the following notice I received this morning...
  6. R

Florida DEP response

imported post Anyone that has been following what I have been doing via email with the DEP has probably already figured out how the DEP will respond. If you haven't been following along give a read through this thread. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum17/31310-1.html Well today I got what...
  7. R

I am encouraged by....

imported post I was searching for images.. LOL.. and came across this news piece from Jacksonville.. Jacksonville police investigate late-night shooting on San Juan Man in critical condition after being shot at apartments...
  8. R

91 Year Old Naked Floridian with a gun

imported post Fla. authorities say naked man, 91, held a drunken intruder at gunpoint until help arrived LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a 91-year-old South Florida man jumped out of bed naked and held an intruder at gunpoint until deputies arrived. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's...
  9. R

Anyone good with graphics? Help needed

imported post If there is anyone that is good with graphics, I need some help. I am trying to get an Open Carry organization off the ground here in Florida. If anyone can help me that would be great. I am looking for an outline of the State of Florida with a holster and weapon strapped on...
  10. R

Why Florida needs an active grassroots organization

imported post I have been doing some research this morning on a variety of topics and have come across some interesting stuff that I wish to share. If you are an NRA member or have visited the ILA website, you undoubtedly know of the "mayors against illegal guns" organization. What you may...
  11. R

PROGRESSIVE FRAMEWORK ON 2A RIGHTS

imported post In doing some research I came across some interesting link trails I followed and ended up finding this framework that the progressives evidently have been using for a while. While I realize this is preaching to the choir, I thought that maybe many of you could use this as an...
  12. R

OC Florida Kickoff meeting

imported post Hi folks. In a separate thread I proposed an online meeting to take place Tuesday 9/22 in the OpenCarry irc chatroom. As life would have it, my work schedule has now changed. Since I will be at work on 9/22 and unable to do this, I am asking to change that date to MONDAY 9/21/09...
  13. R

Florida needs your help

imported post Hi folks. I have come across an issue that requires immediate redress here in the State of Florida. In talking to some folks in the Florida section we are going to organize an OC weekend of camping and fishing. In Florida, we are allowed to legally OC for those activities...
  14. R

OC Weekend

imported post OK everyone.. I am guaging interest here. If there is enough interest I will organize an event with enough advance notice so anyone interested will have time to adjust their schedules and attend. Here is what I am thinking.. We have a camping and fishing weekend at a state park...
  15. R

Florida Residents, Which do YOU Support?

imported post This poll will be open for the next 15 days. Please also go see the thread titled "Who in FL wants to form a group to get OC moving on Florida". Thanks. Reb