• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by rob99vmi04

1. R

Carbine Course NRA Range July 12, 2015

Defensive Carbine for AR Platforms I This course covers the basic defensive use of the carbine. It will begin with the fundamentals of marksmanship and move into more advanced drills. Students will improve their carbine handling skills with a strong emphasis on the fundamentals. Students will...
  2. R

OCer Gun Taken Killed Richmond

SAD SAD SAD not sure if this is a repost. Good reminder that if your going to OC some type of Level II retention holster is probably a good thing. When I OC I use an ALS, and have a second concealed pocket pistol in my weekside pocket...
  3. R

Got Made today after 10 years of carrying.

Well I was at Chipotle in Fairfax Corner for lunch. I had exposed my magazine because, well everybody always thinks its sometype of electronic device. After about 20 minutes of sitting at the table the gentleman behind me said "Excuse me sir is that an Clip for a gun" I Politily responded, why...
  4. R

Riding a Bike through a school zone while Carrying

With Gas prices going up I think I"m going to start riding to work in the mornings ( about a 5.5 mile ride). My dilema is as followed. No matter which way I go, I would be riding through a school zone particularly an elementry school zone. These elementry schools are off stringfellow and Lees...
  5. R

Out of state non permits accepted?

My state permit in VA has expired however my non res Utah/NH are still valid. Does IA accept no resident permits.
  6. R

Procedure for Renewing permit through mail Fairfax

I'm just curious if anybody has tried this yet. Mine expires in 4 months I want to send in the renewal soon.
  7. R

KEL TEC Sub 2000 Legal

imported post Coming up to UPstate NY is a KEL-TEC SUB 2000 Legal in NY I have 10 round G17 magazines.
  8. R

input request for letter I want to send to Governor

imported post Dear Governor, Today I had the pleasure of shopping at one of many fine ABC stores operated by the state of Virginia. Upon check out, I had a conversation with one of the store clerks. Somehow we managed to get on the topic of firearms. I proceeded to ask him whether or not he...
  9. R

Think I got Cased Last night.

imported post Last night came home, my wife met me at the door which she usually doesn't do, and said a man (Late teens early 20's) knocked on the door soliciting his company (selling doors and windows). He asked briefly about our doors and windows. We have a large Scarlet Macaw, makes alot of...
  10. R

Question for Obtaining Permit here in VA

imported post Anybody every tried to use anything ROTC based to get your permit? Just was asked this question and I'm trying to figure out if anybody has tried this?
  11. R

? New York Hunting Law

imported post I'm thinking about getting a Rem AR R15 to hunt Predators with in Upstate at my inlaws house. Is this okay as long as I use and only have in my possession 5 shot mags.
  12. R

Bank Robbed in Fairfax

imported post My friends wife was working at a bank in Fairfax in fair lakes. heard they got robbed today. Haven't found any news links.
  13. R

Making your self less of a target.

imported post Thought I would share this since it just happen to my wifes good friend up in Massachusetts. I'm pretty sure 99% of us are guilty of this inlcluding me as of today. My wifes friend was at work when her car was broken into. Her Garmin GPS was stolen. When she arrived home she...
  14. R

Huntsville OC Cannot find my NH Permit

imported post I have a VA Resident Permit. Have a NH NON residentpermit but cannot find it! What are the laws in Huntsville about OC. I'm headed their thursday. VA has really good OC laws can somebody provide a link, and school me on the Laws in Huntsville. DOES AL have Pre-emtion...
  15. R

Interesting Gun interview

imported post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_jAyM2DD-4 http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4628492n%3fsource=search_video