• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by SickTag

1. S

Glock 22 (40 S&W)

imported post I was thinking about buying a new side arm. I have been looking at both the 1911 and the Glock 22. How much more of an advantage is a larger mag capacity with the Glock? Can anyone who has owned either side arm give me some pros and cons with their own experiences from either of...
  2. S

Harassment from Mc Donald Employees

imported post My family, friends and I have been harassed by Mc Donalds employees at the Mc Donalds in Alamogordo. We enjoy going out shooting and then we all caravan to the Mc Donalds on White Sands Blvd. We have been harassed by the cashier Suzi there and the managers. Examples would be...
  3. S

Legal to Conceal Carry if...

imported post Well aside from being your property, or vehicle, you can legally conceal carry your side arm if it is unloaded and you do not have any ammo on your person. This is great if you are tired of OCing then having to run into Wal Mart to grab soemthing and leaving your gun in the car. I...
  4. S

Open Carry, Rifles and Shotguns

imported post I know I brought this subject up before about carrying a shotgun in my now old apartment complex to and from my truck. I was wondering what other people thought the extent of being able to open carry "firearms" was limited to. I asked the guy at the local gunshop about carrying a...
  5. S

BGs with guns in Wal Mart

imported post Well, I know of these things happening in the last week because I know a couple of people who work there and yet the local paper hides much of what goes on by not printing anything that happens. Also Alamogordo has this new slogan: "The Happiest Place on Earth," which they started...
  6. S

OCing in Utah

imported post So you can only OC in Utah if you have a CC permit? I am probably going to be visiting Utah from New Mexico soon. I am going to have my CC permit from New Mexico, which Utah honors, but I was wondering about the laws in Utah. I thought Utah was a Golden Star State.
  7. S

New Mexico Gun Shows

imported post This past weekend there was a gun show at the Otero Fairgrounds. I hadn't heard of it until the last minute and I could not go because I had other plans for the weekend. It would be great if anyone in the state could post on here Gun Shows they know about. It seems that I always...
  8. S

Being Asked about OCing...

imported post I know there are a lot of threads out there about OCing and being asked about it while you are OCing, but I would rather hear about in state stories myself. My friends and I were out shooting one Wednesday in Lincoln forest and decided to head to Alamogordo to get some food. We...
  9. S

What New Mexico Needs

imported post http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/8051.html a post here were some states allow carrying in restaurants serving alcohol. New Mexico needs to pass a bill about this!! I would like to be able to carry to places that I am going to dinner at. Many of the good places I have to leave...
  10. S

Open Carry...shotguns

imported post I was wondering what the law was for carrying a shotgun. I am most likely getting a new shotgun for my birthday next Friday. I would like to start carrying it in my truck loaded, which I know that I can do, but I was wondering about carrying it to and from my truck. I am not...
  11. S

Good portable safe

imported post Just thought I would share a link with everyone. I learned of this safe box for cars for your handguns when you cannot carry your pistol into a building or whatever you might need it for. He has four that he uses and says that they are great. I am going to get two myself for my...
  12. S

New Mexico's THOU SHALL NOT CARRY...

imported post I took a class for my CC permit and got a lot of useful information that I thought would be helpful for a lot of people on here. THOU SHALL NOT CARRY... You may NOT carry a handgun, openly or concealed in: -Liquor establishments (30-7-3 NMSA 1978, fourth degree felony)...
  13. S

Best Holster for OC Against Grabs

imported post Just wondering which type of holster to get and which are good holsters for OC against grabs. I am concerned about someone grabbing my pistol. Any thoughts and/or links?