• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by srage10

1. S

Question about Maine laws

Not really an open carry question, but people who frequent OCDO are knowledgeable on all things gun laws. Wife and I are going with friends to their cabin in Maine. Closest neighbor is several miles away so I figured I'd bring some guns with me for some fun. Most information I've found online...
  2. S

My First Handgun Purchase

imported post So after a couple months of waiting for our permits the wife and I finally headed out to the gun store last night. After seeing some good reviews we went to Newington Gun Exchange in Newington, CT. The guys there were great. Spent the time to show my wife how to field strip and...
  3. S

Gun goes off in Utah restroom, shatters toilet

imported post http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090114/ap_on_fe_st/odd_toilet_shotCENTERVILLE, Utah – The man escaped with a few cuts to his arm, but the toilet made out much worse. Police say a man's gun fell out of its holster while he pulled up his pants after using the bathroom at a Carl's Jr...
  4. S

My pistol permit process so far

imported post I know there have been a few threads about how crazy the process can be in CT so I thought I would share my experience so far. Permit certification class as done mid September. It took a couple of weeks to get down to the Resident Trooper to pick up the application. Filled out...