• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by TDFbound

1. T

Can I OC in TN with a NC CHP Permit?

As the title suggests, I love acronyms. *crickets* Anyways, I live in Asheville, NC, have a valid NC concealed handgun permit, and make frequent trips to TN, especially the Johnson City area. I have always concealed when carrying up there because a friend of mine said it was concealed carry...
  2. T

Long Gun Open Carry Laws or Precedents

Can you point me in the direction of any laws or court cases related to the open carrying of long guns in NC? I recently purchased a motorcycle and would like to carry my rifle with me on longer in-state trips just the same as I do in my 4-wheeled vehicles, but don't want to be unsure of myself...
  3. T

Open Carry with Rifle Caliber Pistol

Anybody do this or know of anybody who has? More thinking out loud here than considering actually doing it. I was thinking of pistols such as the Kel-Tec PLR-16, chambered in 5.56 NATO, accepts standard 30-round mags, and does not have a buffer tube protruding out the back of it. I've got my...
  4. T

Open Carry of Long Guns

Does anybody have any useful links to laws regarding long guns and the public? Wondering about carrying a basic non-NFA semi-auto rifle or shotgun in my car, but was also wondering about all the videos I've seen online of people carrying an AR-15 or similar around on the streets the same as...
  5. T

NC Laws Regarding Self Identification

I've had a hard time finding any good info on this- in NC, what are the laws about when a person is required to give ID, whether a name or ID card or whatnot? Is it only when asked while doing something unlawful, only while carrying concealed, or what? I'd really like to start OC soon, and...
  6. T

Open Carry in Asheville

I live just outside of Asheville, and most of my business is conducted within their city limits. Do any of you have knowledge of or experiences regarding open carry in Asheville? On the same note, does anybody know where to find the legal definition of a Bowie knife? I want to open carry a...