• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Is there a good place for outdoor shooting near Seattle?

Hey folks! Holy crap it's been a long time since I've been around here. Used to be fairly active, but then got busy with life and whatnot. For a few years now I've been living in the middle of nowhere, and the controversiality of OC has been more or less off my radar. Not many people around to...
  2. S

I think I was almost robbed the other night

imported post So, a couple nights ago, I was walking back home from a friend's place, going down 45th Street from the U District at approximately 2AM. I was carrying concealed at the time. As I approached the intersection with Roosevelt, I noticed a couple of guys on the opposite (south) side...
  3. S

Bought my first AR today! :-D

imported post So, I finally caved today and bought one of the Bushmaster lower + Stag upper setups at Wade's. $800 for the basic setup, and I added a $40 handle+sight. I figure I might pimp it out with crazy accessories later; for now I just wanted to get into the game for a reasonable amount...
  4. S

Very interesting article in the UW Daily

imported post http://thedaily.washington.edu/2008/3/4/vigilante-justice-shall-reign/ While I don't care much for the title, I'm really stoked (not to mention surprised) that an article advocating concealed carry was actually published by The Daily - the author even brings up Warren v. D.C. to...
  5. S

Drug dealers are getting fatter and fatter these days

imported post The other day, I was walking west down 45th Street, from the University District towards Wallingford. I was OCing my new Kimber Custom II. As I was nearing the freeway, I noticed an, um, extremely rotund fellow walking in front of me, moving about and making arm gestures as though...
  6. S

Just bought a Kimber Custom II

imported post I just picked this up recently. Set me back $700, but I gotta say, it was worth every cent! I got a set of Pachmayr American Legend walnut/rubber grips for it: looks great, feels awesome! Shoots like a dream, too; it just points so naturally in my hand, and putting the rounds...
  7. S

I just broke a lightbulb at Wade's!

imported post So, I was at Wade's this evening after work, trying out a few different guns, mainly trying to decide what my next purchase will be. At the time, I was firing their Springfield "Loaded" 1911 .45ACP: I aimed at the target, pulled the trigger, and was promptly showered by shards of...
  8. S

Harder grips for a Taurus Tracker?

imported post I recently purchased a Taurus Tracker 970 (.22LR) for plinking. It's a nice revolver, but the grips are a little squishy for my taste. Certainly with a .22, soft grips are hardly necessary to absorb recoil, so I've been looking around for something firmer. After a bit of...
  9. S

Need a good attorney!

imported post First, a little background: For about the last 30 years, my dad has been unable to possess firearms because of a felony conviction for check forgery (back when he was young, reckless, and most importantly, very poor :P). At the time he owned a Colt Sporter AR-15, which he was...
  10. S

Regarding Firearms on the UW Campus

imported post I'm currently an engineering student at the University of Washington in Seattle; I have a couple of questions for the more legally experienced among us regarding the prohibition of firearms on campus. Subsection (2)(e) of Washington Administrative Code 478-124-020 (part of the...