• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

Chased by Chihuahuas While OCing

imported post OK, I know this may seem funny. I don't hate dogs or nor am I a Mike Vick fan. Honestly, I'm scared of dogs and been that way all my life. I'mespecially scared of those damn chihuahuas. Well yesterday while OC in my complex, couple of them, well a lady in my complex has quite a...
  2. D

Tactical flashlight

imported post This morning, my apartment security hallway/stairs and outside light went out. I leave for the metro at 0520. I opened my door and it was dark asall beejesus like in the woods can't see nothing.:what: I had my gun on me in my paddle hoster for my walk to my car likeevery...
  3. D

That Time of Season

imported post Here in the apartment complex that I lived in for many years in the Mount Vernon area. It is a nice complex and well maintained. Every once in a whilea thug or gang banger from Washington DC or Prince George County Maryland take a vacation to stay with a relative living here ...
  4. D

Laser Sights On OC

imported post Probably too late to ask the question since I have crimson trace laser grips on my carry piece . Are there any restrictions in VA on them? If you know about Tennessee ring out, driving there next week.
  5. D

Best Carry Condition for OC

imported post I carry my gun in condition 3 (colt defender 1911). I'm fearful of Condition 1 and 2 more if I have a LEO confrontation. What condition do most of you carry? What is the best condition for OC to be safe and ready?
  6. D

OC Requirement In Virginia

imported post Is there a requirement when you OC in how the gun must be or notcarried (.i.e hoster, in hand, shoulder hoster)? :question:
  7. D

Another Another new guy

imported post I have been member for couple or weeks and lurking and just want to introduce myself. My name is Michael andlive in Fairfax County. Got my CHP today after 48 days. I have open carried a couple of times and got some strange looks, I'm getting used to it. I think I willconceal carry...