• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Dulles Toll Road

imported post I have heard or read somewhere that no guns are allowed when traveling on the Dulles Toll Road in Northern VA. I am looking for clarification on this law? Does it mean no OC? Is one allowed to CC with a permit? Do any guns need to be in a locked container? Or is it zero weapons in...
  2. B

5.11 Operator vs Trainer belt

imported post Does anyone have experience with these belts. I am trying to decide which to buy. The operator belt is advertised as having a stiffener, and the trainer is not. Does that mean the trainer is not stiff enough to handle an IWB or OWB holster? I would be using it for CC, but also at...
  3. B

Gun received as a gift

imported post Back in May, I received a Glock 19 from the groomsmen in my wedding...sweet gift! It was purchased by Groomsman A and gifted to me (we're both over the age of 21). Is there anything I need to do to obtain legal ownership of the gun? If the serial number was ever to be run, and...
  4. B

Tactical Training

imported post I would love to attend a good training course, more in depth than NRA's first steps class. Unfortunately, most of them are $300 or more. Has anyone found helpful videos or training online, or know of good less expensive training in VA? Thanks!
  5. B

Anywhere to shoot near Williamsburg?

imported post I am in Williamsburg visiting the in-laws, and would like to go shooting and/or take my father in law. I found the Chickahominy Wildlife Management place, but their range is not open to small arms. Are there any other indoor or outdoor ranges in close proximity to Williamsburg. I...
  6. B

Self-Defense Laws

imported post As a newbie to OCing, I need to know what rights I have when it comes to OC. Does anyone know where I can find the VA (or maybe they are national) laws concerning self-defense, and defending others? Is there such a thing as a Good Samaritan law that gives me the right to protect a...
  7. B

OC in movie theaters

imported post We have a Regal theater here in Harrisonburg, and I'm ready to go see the Bourne Ultimatum. In the spirit of a shoot 'em up, and self-protection, I figured it would be another opportunity to OC with the wife. Does Regal have any policies in place? Has anyone ever OCed at the...
  8. B

First OC experience today

imported post I went out today for my first OC experience around town in Harrisonburg. Had no problems at an Exxon on 42; the clerks noticed but made no comment. Then at F & K Auto parts, the man working there was very respectful. I expected as a 23 year old to get rolling eyes and suspicion...
  9. B

Entering/Exiting your Vehicle

imported post Hello OCers! I am a new proud owner of a Glock 19, and have been following this site for weeks now and doing my studying on OC. As a result, I am very thankful for living in Virginia and eager to begin OCing! I have a technical question about getting in and out of your vehicle...