• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Twinsburg Police Officer Shot and Killed

imported post A police officer was shot in the head 4 times in Twinsburg. The man accused has plead not guilty and is claiming self defense. Kicker of it all is that the man had a CCW. The two links cover all the aspects. What do you think the public at large will think of CC or OC after...
  2. S

No carry signs only apply to CCW permit holders

imported post As we all know there are those dreaded little signs that qoute, prohibit law abiding citizens to carry a "... deadly weapon..." in/on certain public places. However I was talking to a local prosecutor at the gun shop near my house the other day and he told me something very...
  3. S

What is considered "OPEN" carry

imported post If I have my pistol holstered in my in-the-pant holster, and I dont have it covered up with my t shirt can I get in trouble? Is this failure to conceal my weapon or is it good enough for me to claim to be openly carrying? I do have my CCW so I dont want to loose it by carrying it...
  4. S

ORC question for those well read up

imported post Basically, I was wondering what the laws where on armed security. Like if I was to start my own company what paper work, insurance, ect. would I need to have in order. Do you have to be bonded? My mom's company is looking to sign a contract for armed security and I am going to put...
  5. S

How about this sign!

imported post Well we all know how criminals obey the "No Weapons" signs. What if terrorists obeyed these signs over where I was in Iraq. I wouldn't have to of worn my body armor!
  6. S

Things to say when explaining why I carry.

imported post Not that I personally need a reason to carry, I think anyone with half a brain can see how crappy some places are getting. I love the article on the Boy Scouts getting robbed, proof in the pudding there. The problem I have is that I’m not always able to convey how I feel about...
  7. S

Carry inside the Chapel Hill Mall?

imported post Ok this is a tricky question. Chapel Hill Mall in Akron, OH has signs for No Deadly Weapons on all of the doors leading into the mall. HOWEVER, Sears is attached to the mall and DOES allow carry. (at least it isn't posted) Sears has a giant opening into the mall and where it...
  8. S

First time Open Carry in Akron, OH

imported post So after reading up on the laws and ensuring that I could legally try this, I went for broke. I do have my application in for my CCW but it takes at least 3 weeks and I just turned in my application yesterday. After having spent a year and a half in Iraq, where I carried a side...
  9. S

Cuyahoga Falls, OH is it legal to OC?

imported post OK, I looked up the local laws for where I live and from what I gathered I am perfectly in the green to Open Carry as long as its for buisness or for personal defense of property or family. So I am going to post this law for Cuyahoga Falls and let me know what you think. My plan...