• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Looking for free ranges

I've always gone shooting on the Olympic Peninsula, but am going to be taking a friend out who can't make it that far. Can someone give me some info on where I can get out to some free shooting areas? I'm looking for something along the lines of the pit along 104, but preferably on the east...
  2. C

OC reports

I haven't posted in a very long time, but i know some folks like seeing these kinds of reports. I've been mostly OCing for the last year or so and not a single encounter. Couple double-takes and conversations with starers (northgate best buy salesman), but never a single mention or...
  3. C

Bus Carry

imported post I was wondering if anyone knows the "rules" of OCing on buses. Yes, I know to carry loaded you must have your CPL. What I'm more interested in is whether or not Transit Authorities can refuse service or trespass you. I'm guessing if they are funded by state/city/locality etc...
  4. C

OT: Anyone Try Cleaning Guns with Simple Green

imported post I just heard you can clean guns with simple green. Just spray 'em down with it, then with water, and you're done. I'd imagine afterwords you'd want to lubricate as well. I'm a bit skeptical myself; it sounds too easy to be true.
  5. C

Email from WWU

imported post I just received this email from the Western Washington University. There is also a link at the bottom. I wish WWU (and all universities for that matter) allowed carry on campus. _____________________________________________________________________ DATE: March 30, 2009 10:38:05...
  6. C

Layman's WGRs

imported post Here is a list of what I see as the most applicable parts of firearms regulation for an ordinary person. Feel free to use it as you please. Fits on 1 page, printed front and back at size 11 font. Important Gun Laws to Know, Layman's terms: RCW 9.41.050: Concealed Carry...
  7. C

Fixed Blade Knife Laws

imported post Now I know knife laws are subject to local ordinace, but does anyone know the fixed blade carry laws regarding Seattle, Bellingham in Whatcom County and the Silverdale/Bremerton/Poulsbo area of Kitsap County? The link here (posted a few months ago by justacar)...
  8. C

Best WebSite for Purchasing a Serpa

imported post What's the best website as far as price and reliability, for purchasing a Blackhawk Serpa for a .40 cal USP Compact? Also, anyone know some good accessory sites?
  9. C

Clarification

imported post A friend and myself are planning a camping trip this summer---hike in, camp a couple nights and hike out---but would like some bear defense. We're both over 18, but niether of us are 21 yet; the defense we are likely limited to is a rifle and a 9mm handgun. (I know handguns...
  10. C

USP SC vs P2000

imported post I'm not yet 21, so I'm still shopping around, but my first two choices as of yet when that day comes are the H&K USP compact and H&K P2000. I was able to fire a USP C at Bullseye in Tacoma, but the P2000 was out for repiars (probably its annual cleaning). I've held both and like...