• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. X

10 dead in Alabama shooting.

imported post http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/10/shooting.alabama/
  2. X

I am sick of this guy

imported post I WILL NOT support a forum, or its members, that allows this behavior to happen: nice person, Swiliden: Nice response, xRapidDavex: Evil person with a response not fitting to my comment. His name is sfemti33 This can be found in this thread...
  3. X

Walmart

imported post Francis Marion wrote: This reminds me. I forgot Doug's wasn't opened on Sundays and I forgot to pick up part of my Brother in Law's present for his birthday. I was going to get him some new Gold Dot Spear hollowpoints, but the store was empty. I tried the army/navy store next...
  4. X

School Zones

imported post I read that when you are in a school zone, without a CFP, your gun needs to be completely unloaded and locked away in a case. However, I can't find the definition of locked. To me, it seems like a case with sliders that hold the two halves together could be considered locked, but...
  5. X

Taunting

imported post Does anyone have tips/stories about diffusing a taunting situation?? What did/would you say in this type of situation? As in the "So you think you're a tough guy carrying a gun huh?" situation.
  6. X

Business Prohibited Items

imported post Businesses make it really hard to find out what you can/cannot bring into their establishment. I'm going to Cinemark in Jordan Landing today, but cannot find policies about restricted items at their theaters in general. Their policies are surrounding ticket sales, privacy...
  7. X

??

imported post http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-6257
  8. X

Harmons + Walmart + JB's

imported post I open carried to Harmons in WVC and Walmart in South Salt Lake on the 22nd. I was going to my Brother in law's/sister's house tonight for dinner, and wanted to show them my new sidearm. They asked that I bring some salad and bread for dinner, so I stopped at Harmon's to get the...
  9. X

Self Defense Trump School Zone Act

imported post So if I have a firearm securely encased in my trunk at the University or other college campus, and I hear shots coming from the other side of the building, then am I justified in going to my car, and retrieving the weapon with potential to use it against an attacker? Keep in mind...
  10. X

Mitch Vilos's Books

imported post I have his Utah Gun Laws Edition 3 that I got from Doug's Shoot N Sport, but where can I find his book on self defense?
  11. X

Talking Point On KSL

imported post Its Currently 6:41 pm on the 18th of June, and a debate about firearms laws is gonna come after the break on KSL. GO NOW!
  12. X

Barrel break in

imported post I don't know if Doug's will let me take in my cleaning supplies so i can do this. http://www.huntingblades.com/brinnewfi.html Is this over the top? Sounds like a reasonable procedure to me. Also, do you guys normally run a bit of oil through the bore of your barrel every time...
  13. X

Handgun age

imported post In Utah, I thought that you could only purchase a handgun if you were 21 period. Can someone clarify if a person who is over 18 can purchase a firearm as a private sale? Any quotations you have of the law would be very helpful. Just don't want to go doing an illegal transaction...
  14. X

Springfield XD Compact 45 OR Sig P239?

imported post I'm looking to buy one of these guns. Anyone have pros or cons about the two firearms?
  15. X

Terrible OC Experience

imported post This is going to be a long post, so please bear with me. Also, from here on forward, member UTOC-45-44 will be referred to as "TJ". I went to Doug's Shoot N' Sport today for my concealed permit class, which ended around 12:15 p.m. or so. I arranged for TJ to meet me down at...
  16. X

Fox 13 poll

imported post I have been reading lately about discussions relating to how the public view "open carry". I was wondering if we should contact a news agency and ask them to hold a poll to see what most Utahns think. We could also provide some facts for the news agency to report before they...
  17. X

I'm Fat and need a conceal holster

imported post I need some help from the husky forum members. I'm 6' 3" and have a really big gut... what are my options? I was looking at www.smartcarry.com and ordered a holster. I got it but I feel like I can't draw from it very fast and I'll be fumbling around in a dire situation. And if...
  18. X

Ran into an anti open carry person

imported post I was in a gun store (ommitting name on purpose) and asked about their open carry policy. He replied that he didn't have a problem in his shop as long as you were respectful, but that open carry around town was a terrible idea - stating that you become a target for someone who...
  19. X

Private Business = Private Residance??

imported post Hey guys, I'm new to the board and new to the open carry concept. I see if I refer to 76-10-530, it makes mention that anyone in a private residence or church can ask you to leave at anytime. What I DONT see, is where you can take a firearm into a private business (Open Carry)...