• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. F

Question about carry (open or concealed) on city bus....

imported post The city bus bas signs inside every bus prohibiting weapons of any kind. These buses wear Municipal license plates. A portion of their funding comes from govt grants and whatnot. I ride the bus to get to the GVSU Health Science building because they have no parking for students up...
  2. F

I would like to introduce everyone to Municode...

imported post Lots of times, I see people asking about ordinances for various cities in Michigan. Often, the answer can be found through Municode, a free online library of municipal ordinances. The address is http://www.municode.com , then click on "Online Library" You can then click on any...
  3. F

Clarification of recently passed legislation

imported post While HB4490, 4491, and SB370 take effect immediatly, the bills, in my opinion, do not actually become effective for 180 days. From what I believe anyways, the act takes immediate effect but also says it takes effect 180 days after enacted. So what does this mean?
  4. F

Would someone be willing to write a letter to a township for me......

imported post Oronoko Township (Berrien Springs) has a "no firearms in parks" ordinance. Due to some circumstances, it would be best if I were not to be involved in correspondence with this municipality. And I would prefer to not write an anonymous letter as I believe they will not even...
  5. F

Grand Rapids Open Carry Meet July 12th, John Ball Park

imported post can i get a tack on this? We have settled on a Date, Time and Place July 12th, 2008 1:00pm until ??? John Ball Park, near the pond (map:Map) This map has a marker at the exact spot we plan to meet. I ran directions from Lansing to the location and it looks like it checks out...
  6. F

Question about the Ferndale Court Case

imported post Was this actually a Supreme Court decision? From what I can find, what we commonly quote as a Supreme Court decision was actually a circuit court case, which the Michigan Supreme Court granted a Summary Disposition. While this might be a minor thing, I just wanted to get...
  7. F

Grand Rapids Open Carry Meet

imported post So I am proposing that we start working on a date for a Grand Rapids Open Carry meeting. There seems to be alot of talk about it, and we might as well plan it! If we pick a date, I think we should be able to reserve a pavilion at whatever park we pick to use. I think Ah Nab Awen...
  8. F

Ottawa County Parks is posting policies with "no firearms"

imported post I wish I could quote the policy, but it is not listed fully online. I was in Holland over the weekend, and I looked over the posted policy at Black Lake Boardwalk. They listed, among other things, no firearms of any sort allowed. I guess this is just a report, because we all know...