• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

Arizona self defense laws improving!

I live in the great state of Arizona and have recently watched some wonderful self defense needs become law. Our Governor recently passed a law that allows us to use our handguns according to our personal circumstances regarding an impending threat. Example, someone is approaching you with a...
  2. G

Reloading high velocity for the .357 Magnum

imported post Hi ya-all, Its me again. The guy that doesn't know how to properly paragraph, and has other problems with his manner of posting. But I'm going to try and improve in this area with a little help from my friends on this site, thanks! Anyway, I have been loading for my .357...
  3. G

Reloading, Why?

imported post I was sitting, or rather laying in bed and was thinking about a friend that called me this afternoon about contemplating reloading. As with most people I've discussed this topic with, and I've discussed it with a good many as I have taught reloading classes over the years off and...
  4. G

Reloading observation

imported post I've been reloading for over 25 years and recently learned something I betting most reloaders are unaware of and should take into consideration, especially regarding revolvers. Most of us I'm guessing that bullets with a canlure should be be seated using the canlure as the depth...
  5. G

replacing timing hand spring

imported post Hi, Does anyone know how to put the spring back into the Trigger/timing hand on a S&W model 66-5. I was replacing the trigger spring and knew to be careful not to dislodge the hand spring but as luck would have it I bumped it and the spring came undone. The worst part of all this...
  6. G

problem with firing pin

imported post Hey there, I have a really nice S&W 66-5 and have recently been experiencing some inconsistent mis fire issues. It is only occurring when I use the double action. If I single action, in other words draw the hammer back and then pull the trigger it functions just fins. I checked...
  7. G

reloaded ammo

imported post I'm a reloader and have been doing so for nearly 30 years. Additionally of interest is that of the thousands of rounds I've loaded for handgun, high power rifle, and shotgun, I've not had one single round mis fire or produce unexpected performance as I always follow the data from...
  8. G

OC in Las Vegas?

imported post Hey does anyone have the officialand currentword on Las Vegas, Nevada regarding OC and the supposed new firearm registration law. My Son, his Wife, and my 2 grandchildren are there for the week end and asked me to look up the OC laws for Nevada and I was shocked to see things have...
  9. G

varied velocities

imported post Hey guys, I have a rem. model 700 CDL in 7 mm Rem. Mag and my son has an identical one. I reload for both with the same load and the 2 have very different velocities but both are putting the rounds in the same hole at 200 yds.. One is getting 1340s fps and the other is producing...
  10. G

reloads v.s. factory

imported post Hey, I posted a write up about factoryammo being not a reliable as reloads. A Mike and John replied about this but referred to a site called Digg. I went to that site and don't understand its content or how to use it. Mike or John would you please contact me again and give me some...
  11. G

S&W model 66-5

imported post I need some information on a couple of S&W revolvers in .357 regarding their value. I have a model 66-2 and a 66-5, both in excellent condition. Yesterday I was talking to guy about selling one of my high powered rifles that I've put a lot of work and money into. However, the guy...
  12. G

Reloads for personal defense

imported post Like a number of us, I like to reload and especially for my self defense ammo. I load a gold dot hollow point for my .357 model 66 and have chronographed them at over 1700 fps. I friend of mine told me that I was carrying an illegal load for self defense and would be prosecuted...
  13. G

OC in a dept. store

imported post Hey guys, I need a well informed answer to this one. I entered a Cosco store the other day here in Tucson, Az. and was told I couldn't bring my side arm in with me. Of course I complied with their request not wanting to make a big deal of it especially while standing there with...
  14. G

Reloads for self defense in Arizona

imported post From a legal stand point, and I must add that I am in no way a qualified adviser in this area of the subject matter and thus ask that no individual take my advice and use their own common sense to conclude. However, with that said I have researched cases nation wide and...
  15. G

old RCBS reloading dies

imported post Anyone have old RCBS reloading dies? I'm talking about stuff made in the early 1960s, like 1961 to be exact. I bought a 3 die set of .357 mag. dies, actually 38 spcl, but they are also OK for .357 according to the insert paper work still in the case. Anyway, my problem is I've...
  16. G

Bullet coefficiency

imported post I was researching some of the projectiles out there and realized just how much has changed in the last couple of decades. The 7mm has achievable coefficiency of .684 with a 180 grain Berger BT. The 6.5 is in the .640 with the 140 grain. BT. this is only one manufacturer too. I...
  17. G

When to tumble brass

imported post ;):D:P:X:cool::shock::?:dude::arrow::idea::cry::exclaim::question::lol::uhoh::celebrate:what::quirky:monkeyI've been reloading forover 2 decades and have always been unclear as to when you should tumble the brass. I know this is a rather silly dilemma and I should just do what...
  18. G

.357 mag.

imported post If your one of us old school guys and like wheel guns I have a method to increase the effectiveness of your's. I have a S&W .357 mag with a 4" barrel. I lapped the barrel and reloaded my factory brass.I use 23 grains of H110 with a 110 grain JHP and its delivering just over 1830...
  19. G

Wheel guns

imported post I took a model 66-5 S&W to a local so called gunsmith who nearly distroyed it. The main spring was broken by the previous owner and I wanted to purchase a new one and put it in my self, something I've done a number of times without problems. The gun smith offered to do it right...
  20. G

Taurus

imported post I bought a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .40 cal about 6 months ago. My son bought the same thing but in the sub compact. This gun was $350. and I'm really blown away with the accuracy and reliability. I've shot at least 1,000 rounds through it and can't get it to jam once. And so far as...