• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Flying into Dulles International - With gun?

imported post Folks, I'm flying into Dulles to pick up a car I purchased. I'm planning on checking my Beretta Tomcat .32 with a pair of 6 round mags, and picking it up when I land at Dulles. Per TSA policy it will be locked in a secure, hard-sided case. Question: Do you foresee any problems...
  2. T

Flying into San Francisco with my handgun?

imported post Hey folks, I'm buying a car in California and am flying into San Francisco. I'd like to have a gun with me for my drive back to Washington State. I'm familiar with airport rules for checking firearms, however, I am NOT familiar with California and San Francisco law. I don't...
  3. T

Favorite concealed carry rig?

imported post I've got a hankering for a new CC gun. My OC rig is a Springfield XD-9 Tactical, crimson trace grips and a Blackhawk Serpa holster. A great rig and my non-rifle weapon of choice if something goes down. Downsides are the size and weight. Difficult to conceal on my small frame and...
  4. T

H. R. 45

imported post http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf or, http://tinyurl.com/8y4vm6 "To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for...
  5. T

Limits on firearms ownership

imported post In Morris said: So, here's a question: When and how might one earn the privilege of getting his name on a special list? Over a certain quantity? Specific types of guns? I can't help but wonder if any officer pulling my record would crap himself and assume I'm a threat to...
  6. T

Richland's Parks Ban falls

imported post Several months ago I scoured all firearms laws in the Tri-City area. Kennewick and Pasco were in compliance with state law, but Richland had a parks ban as well as a ban in any establishment where alcohol is served. As of today I am proud to announce that Richland is coming into...
  7. T

Who deletes topics around here?

imported post Sorry, but I was enjoying the change.gov discussion and this morning I find it's been deleted without explanation. What gives? Who are the moderators here? At the very least, could you post some sort of explanation when you delete topics? Better yet, could you not delete topics...
  8. T

Well, that was a logical response...

imported post Let's count the idiots in this scenario: 1. School officials, for their asinine policies! Check! 2. Police, for bothering to respond at all? Check! 3. Kids, for bringing a plastic "gun" to school when they know darn well there will be serious repercussions, however ridiculous...
  9. T

Why do you carry that thing in my house?

imported post Nope. I read the news. Good man. Dead criminals don't re-offend.
  10. T

Carrying firearms in Idaho

imported post Hi folks, I was born in Idaho, but raised (and still live) in Washington. Most of my extended family still lives in Idaho and I visit often. I'd like to know where firearms are prohibited in Idaho. I see that I can't carry at a school or at a school event, but otherwise, I see no...
  11. T

First OC encounter

imported post I've been OCing for several weeks now, plenty of comments and discussion between friends & family but nothing from the public beyond some odd looks. Yesterday evening I had my first encounter with a gentleman named Steve (I forgot his last name) working at Center Vac & Sew in...
  12. T

Wristwatch audio recorders

imported post I know, I know: I should get a "proper" recorder, etc, but I don't want to carry yet another thing around, I don't want to run wires on myself and clip a lapel mic on my shirt, etc. It's too much of a "get up" for me. I only wear shirts with front pockets about half the time, so a...
  13. T

Idaho open carry

imported post I have family in the Lewiston area and am heading there soon. I know Idaho will recognize my CC permit, so I'm good there, but I'm curious about OC. Assuming it's at least as open as WA, if not more so, but would like confirmation.
  14. T

Springfield XD laser experience?

imported post Folks, I carry a Springfield XD 9mm, 5" tactical, and I'm adding a laser sight. Looking for anyone who can tell me more about the Crimson Trace grip vs. LaserMax internal laser. I like the LaserMax better due to the internal design, but I'm not familiar with the product. I love...
  15. T

Response for being asked to "cover up"?

imported post I've been digging through back threads, reading a lot of encounter posts to get ideas on useful and appropriate responses. There seems to be a trend with store management asking people to "cover up" for various reasons. Let me propose a response: "Concealing my firearm without a...
  16. T

Starting from scratch: Need advice

imported post Folks, I want to start open carrying for a variety of reasons I'll list below. Need some good basic advice on how to get started. I'm located on the east side, Tri-City area; Has anyone had luck approaching police chiefs about this beforehand? Is it necessary or a good idea? I'm...