• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. H

Moving to Cali...

I'll be moving to the Yuba County/North of Sacramento area (Beale AFB) in mid-August. Been trying to follow and look up information for the area. I think I have a pretty good handle on it, but now I'm looking for the attitudes of the police and residents in the area to UOC. Anybody have a good...
  2. H

Any MOCA plans?

Hey guys, I'm back in the wonderful US of A after too long gone (granted, I did arrange for my mid-tour leave to be much closer to the 'end' compared to 'mid'), and I'll be home next before me and the wife start the road trip back out to OK. Any MOCA plans during the week? And yes epok, I'll be...
  3. H

Many thanks and a general apology...

Hey everyone, First of all, I need to apologize for not logging on and seeing if there were any events/get-togethers while I was at home. My hard-drive crashed and I decided the trouble of reinstalling Windows 7 and all the drivers wasn't worth it. Second, I want to thank everyone for the...
  4. H

Travelling by vehicle while OCing...

It looks like I might actually have a pistol when I'm home, so I can OC. I realized, however, that I never did understand how to comply with the 'no loaded firearms in a vehicle', and I never ended up in a car or truck during my limited excursions before. Always too worried I'd end up...
  5. H

Looking for a FFL...

For those of you in the Lincoln County area (looking at you ep0k...), who do you use for firearm transfers or purchases? I'm looking at ordering a new-to-me pistol from J&G, and having it in time to carry when I'm home around Thanksgiving. Before I start cold-calling FFL's in the area (right now...
  6. H

Looking at November...

Any plans for a get-together or anything around Thanksgiving? I'll be back in the states on r&r around then. Cory
  7. H

Question from a possible future Cali OCer...

Hey everyone, I've read through the laws posted on the main page, and through here, and a little bit of stuff on Calguns. There is a sizeable possibility I may end up based in Cali at some point in the next year so I want to bone up on the laws there. So far what I've learned is: 1. Unloaded...
  8. H

Trying to find an FFL in the OKC area...

imported post I'm trying to find someone who'll hold a pistol, and possibly some long arms, for me until I get back sometime in November. There used to be a gentleman who worked on base I dealt with, but he retired and I don't have his new contact information. Anyone have any suggestions?
  9. H

I need your opinions...

imported post I've narrowed my IWB picks down to a QwikClip or a Super Tuck Deluxe. I'm looking for feedback on how they've worked out for people who have them. Mainly the the QwikClip since there's already an extended review about the SuperTuck. I'll be carrying a 5" 1911, and I'll have an...
  10. H

Dual-Purpose 1911 Holster

imported post Does anyone know where I can get a decent holster for a 1911 that's under $100 and I can use for both OC and CC? I'm a Maine State resident, so I OC when possible, but I'm in the Air Force so I get stationed places where I can't OC. I have a surplus leather holster from the 60's...
  11. H

Anyone up for...

imported post An OC get together sometime in the first two weeks of March? I'll be in the Bath/Brunswick area, so I figured I'd ask. I probably won't be carrying, but that's just because my pistolswill probablyalready locked up for my deployment.