• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

AD = ND? Yeah or Nay?

imported post Someone in the California section stated that all "accidental discharges" are by definition "negligent discharges" "AD=ND" What say the masses? One must define one's terms to truly argue well webster says Main Entry: neg·li·gent Pronunciation: \-jənt\ Function: adjective...
  2. G

Hyperbolic* Philosophical Musings

imported post Picturethis: Open carriers go strapped into the wide world and cops and scaredy cats everywhere immediately recognize that this is legal and socially acceptable. Guns show up on everyone's hips and the world keeps spinning happily and politely on its axis. A tired black woman...
  3. G

How to beef a cop.

imported post I was just in the California forum and saw that one of the members there is in a tussle with the San Diego Sheriff over a CCW application. He posted a letter that he submitted to them to complain about how he was being treated. His letter got me thinking about how most folks...
  4. G

In Defense of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

imported post I've always enjoyed reading of all of the evils of California on this and other gun sites. To hear most posters say it one would think that California is a police/nanny state intent on bubble wrapping it's subjects so as to keep them from getting booboos. Now I'll grant you that...
  5. G

Can't find one, build one!!!

imported post I've got a Glock 22 that I like to use with a Surefire X200 light. The only holsters available are plastic and I hate plastic holsters if I'm in soft cloths. It's ugly, it's stiff and it's got no soul. Animals must die so that I can carry my gat in style. So anyway, I couldn't...
  6. G

A Belief System an Armed Man Can Belive In

imported post Shelve your bibles, books of mormon, korans, dianetics, bhagavad gitas, torahs, and tao te chings. I have finally founda rational book of wisdom for the armed, responsible and thoughtful man. The prophet Heinlein, peace be upon him,through his avatar Lazarus Long has shown me the...
  7. G

Open Letter From a Cop

imported post I've been reading here for a bit now and have posted a few times. I've got to tell you all that I love the idea of open carry and support it whole heartedly. I truly believe that man (in the gender neutral sense:?of course - hey I'm in Kalifornia, what do you expect) can not be...
  8. G

1 Handed Handgun Mechanics

imported post I was just in the California part of the forum and readthat one of the guys there was describing how a hand injury had deadlined his gun handling and it got me thinking about how we all might handle our pistolas with only one paw. Things that have worked for me: -Racking the...