• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

School grounds

Been a while since I have been on OCO. Hope you all are well. Our church just started meeting at a private k-12 school. So the question is, is there a legal ground for being able to carry since the school is not being used as a school while there on Sundays? From what I can tell, the intent...
  2. D

My Open Letter to Wachovia

imported post For what it is worth, I switched from Wachovia. Don't know how effective it will be in changing their policy, but for me personally, it makes life a helluva lot easier not having to disarm before entering the bank. Read my open letter to Wachovia...
  3. D

Oh to have lived in Jefferson's time

imported post “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be...
  4. D

Interesting new spin on Gun Control

imported post ...Make it a disease under Obamacare. http://www.examiner.com/x-2944-Denver-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d17-Bullets-by-prescription Then http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/19/nih-funds-study-of-teen-firearms/?feat=home_top5_shared
  5. D

New gun for the wife!

imported post My wifes new carry piece, a Smith and Wesson 38 Special hammerless revolver. No bells and whistles, just a good old pull and bang gun. Bought today at Cabelas... 479 then 100 dollars off and 50 off from Cabelas card points. Out the door (with tax and a carry bag) for under...
  6. D

Sportsman Outpost - Wolcott

imported post All, Just a note about this store. I have gone in their a few times, and always bring the kids (I normally have the baby in the car seat because the only free time I get is when my wife is at work). I have been in that store a few times, and always remember why I go so...
  7. D

Ankle Holster for XD40 4"

imported post I love my XD40. The problem is there are times when on the hip or under the arm are not good options. So I would like an ankle holster for it, but have had little luck finding one. Anyone use a full size on the ankle? Problems, concerns, etc.? Thanks in advance.
  8. D

Open Carried

imported post After our conversations earlier, and a convenient trip to the store by myself (my wife is not sure on the wisdom of OC) I decided I would go for it. I went to the Stop and Shop (Exit 25 from 84) and the BJ's. I noticed a few people notice. Most people, I realize, are very...
  9. D

Interesting Chat with LEO

imported post I was shopping with my two girls at the Stop and Shop in Waterbury (the one by Target). I was CCing. The officer approached me to ask about my Jeep (he has the same model). We talked for a while about the vehicles, etc. I decided to ask him about OC. He immediately said...
  10. D

Fun day at work Yesterday

imported post Long story short, yesterday a bunch (over 20) armed federal agents entered our place of work. They were IRS/CID. Two things of note happened (well two things that apply to this site): 1. I was asked by one of the agents what the bulge on my hip was. I informed him it was my...
  11. D

Jury Duty

imported post I've been summoned. I have to serve at the "Waterbury Superior Court" next week. In the pamphlet I was sent in the mail, they said, " ARE THERE ANY ITEMS I SHOULD NOT BRING TO COURT? Jurors may not bring disruptive or potentially dangerous items into the courthouse. A...
  12. D

Change the Info on OC.com

imported post I noticed this statement on CT's open carry law: College Carry Carry Not Statutorily Prohibited NOTE: Even if Legal, Students May be Subject to Academic Sanctions This should note that State property is off limits for carry. This means that UCONN/WCSU/etc. are off limits on...