• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Statue question

imported post Do any of you know or can provide some information: Does Utah have or is there a statue/code that says something about just simply having or wearing a firearm is not reasonable cause for a stop, questioning, detaining etc?
  2. B

Pro/Anti Discussion

imported post At my place of employment there are a few individuals who tend to lean towards anti-gun. Today we got on the subject of guns because they saw the article in the paper about Starbucks. We got talking and I was able to explain some open carry laws which one individual had no idea...
  3. B

Fire/EMS

imported post I finished my EMT Basic and EMT-Intermediate level and am now moving on to Paramedic school, and do the fire academy at the same time, currently not working for any department yet. During one of my EMT classes awhile back (before I took my CWP class or carried) they mentioned...
  4. B

Brandishing question...

imported post So I was watching the news the other day and it talked about some proposed changes up on the hill, i believe in reference to HB 78, it was talking about brandishing... saying that it would allow permit holders to open their jackets etc... so i'm just curious can someone clarify...
  5. B

Traveling

imported post So this weekend we'll be taking a little trip to California: either San Diego or San Fransisco. I've looked at the carry/travel maps but wanted some clarifications. Either way we go we'll be passing through Nevada than into Cali. I know Nevada just recently changed their stance...
  6. B

School Photo

imported post Heard this story last night and it just had me thinking... there are a lot of uneducated people out there and there are a lot of anti gun individuals... the 2nd ammendment kept popping up in my mind... http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9550663 St. George parents concerned over...
  7. B

Doug's Shoot N' Sports

imported post http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8559838 Man dies in gun range shooting November 4th, 2009 @ 9:24pm TAYLORSVILLE -- A man shot and killed himself Wednesday night at a Taylorsville gun range. It happened at Doug's Shoot N' Sports near 4900 South and Redwood Road. Several people...
  8. B

Woman killed in accidental shooting

imported post http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8083006 September 27th, 2009 @ 9:55pm By John Hollenhorst Read it in Spanish SPRINGVILLE -- A young woman died in a very public, but apparently accidental shooting Sunday. Investigators say there is no reason to suspect foul play. Police say a...
  9. B

Utah gov supports stricter concealed gun permits

imported post Found this to be interesting: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8054891 September 25th, 2009 @ 10:31am SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Utah Gov. Gary Herbert says he doesn't want his state to be a national clearinghouse for concealed weapons permits. In the fiscal year that ended in...
  10. B

Utah State Fair (free admission...)

imported post So I wanted to pass this information along about the Utah State Fair: (I heard about it on the news last night) PATRIOT DAY, FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - As a "Thank You" to those who selflessly serve our state and country, all military, law enforcement and emergency services...
  11. B

BCI working hard to keep up with demand for carry-conceal permits

imported post Saw this on KSL- Says 52,000 permits this year & they've increased their work force... http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7431340
  12. B

Bluffdale man shot while on neighborhood watch

imported post http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7252008: Bluffdale man shot while on neighborhood watch July 22nd, 2009 @ 1:16pm BLUFFDALE -- A late night altercation left one man fighting to survive. The shooting happened Tuesday night in a Bluffdale neighborhood. The victim, authorities say...
  13. B

Drinking & Guns...

imported post So I was board & online & saw this story on KSL and thought it would make for great conversation/comments... http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7099054 Apparently this lady got a little carried away (maybe abusing HB 357)... So I caught several problems/questions (the rest is...
  14. B

OCing on I-15

imported post So I'm coming home from Springville yesterday, driving my suv have my two kids in the back, we get around the S curves in Provo & coming upon the University Ave exit when we get a flat tire. I'm pretty sure we ran over a nail or something (going to Discount today those new tires...
  15. B

M1906 Krag-Jørgensen

imported post So I was helping a family member move the other day and came across their rifle. She tells me you can have it, it was given to me and I know nothing about it etc and I'm like are you sure this thing looks old. She said yeah go for it. So long story short I go down to Cabelas to...
  16. B

H.A.F.B

imported post So I was planning on taking my family to the air show today or tomorrow but wasn't sure what HAFB policy was for OC? Is that something one can do or not do? Just trying to find out what to expect.
  17. B

OC in backyard!

imported post So it was such a nice weekend (for the most part) that we let the kids play in the backyard and run through the sprinklers. My wife got this great shot of me oc'ing and golfing (with plastic golf balls in the back yard) Just had to share it!
  18. B

Memorial Weekend (OC)

imported post So did everyone have a good Memorial Weekend? Hope every one was safe & had a good memorial weekend. Any good OC stories or bad OC stories? For me & our family we just stayed in town. Took the family to the Provo Cemetery for flowers on my brothers grave site. Than headed up to...
  19. B

Proper placement of sidearm

imported post I'm sure there has been a post about this before, but as I am still fairly new I was just curious. I'm just curious where everyone carries their sidearm? I am a 'lefty' so I typically carry mine on the left side so whenI draw I draw with my shooting hand(is that the 3 o'clock or...
  20. B

CCW question

imported post Okay so I have a question regarding permits and if there is anything in the law about this situation: where i work it is a call center in a small office complex (I would prefer to not mention where I work or what I do I'm afraid something would get back to them and they would know...