• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Carry On Winston-Salem Bus System?

Long story short, I wanted to ride a WSTA bus and tried to find a firearms policy. From their website it seemed as if they didn't have one for their standard busses. I was then shut down when the bus rolled up with a "Weapons Prohibited" sign http://tinyurl.com/44jspaj So, I decided to send an...
  2. C

HB148 Debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGaBdRikIiA Too bad this bill was rejected. It may be re-introduced before the end of the spring session.
  3. C

Apartment Manager: No guns in your private car off-campus.

I am a poorly paid staff member at a bible college. Since my pay is so low, I have resorted to living on campus. The college provides apartments for married students and for full-time staff members that start at $250 a month (which includes power/internet/water). I'm aware that it's a felony in...
  4. C

Homeland Security & Walmart: "If you see something, say something"

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: 'IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING' WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the...
  5. C

Amazing OC Experience

Every time I go to Sheetz, I OC. I usually CC when it's convenient but after an incident with a drunk patron harassing my friends I decided to OC all the time. Anyway, I was at the Sheetz on Alamance Road in Burlington around 10pm on Saturday with some friends. A man wearing business casual...
  6. C

Graybar in Winston-Salem

Graybar is posted as no-carry in Winston-Salem. Can anyone else confirm if this is the case in Greensboro as well? I contacted the company through their corporate website. I'll re-post with any response I receive. This what the letter I sent: To whoever it may concern: I have a question...
  7. C

Open Carry Without CCW Permit

imported post I am a new handgun owner and do not have my CCW permit yet. I am curious about what NC law says about open carrying a loaded pistol in a vehicle. Also, are there places that are off limits to concealed carry that are lawful for open carry? Last question: How long does it...