• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Tekniqe

Carrying in an UNincorporated area

I'm going to go hiking in Azuza Canyons, which isn't in any county (correct me if I am wrong, if that means it isn't necessarily unincorporated). I'm going with a friend of mine, and she has voiced that she is concerned about mountain lions and such, although my worry is human predators. What...
  2. Tekniqe

First Public Open Carry + Glock Mod (?)

I went with my friends to McDonalds today with my gun. Generally most of the places we eat or frequent are, sadly, within one thousand feet of a school. It went very well, I noticed several people glancing now and again, but the room stayed positive. I was a little bored, and decided to fill in...
  3. Tekniqe

Reasonable Restrictions on Carrying

Saldana's bill is referred to as "reasonable" restrictions. What would your opinions be on a reasonable restriction? For the moment, let's assume that you are presented with the above options, and must select one. If other, please specify. The three options are, I believe, 3 distinct magnitudes...
  4. Tekniqe

2 Questions: Legally transporting my firearm

The law states that it must be unloaded, in a locked container. My first question is: When it says unloaded, does that mean an unloaded magazine in the firearm, or all the magazines included in the case which it is being transported in? If so, in what manner can I legally transport my firearm...
  5. Tekniqe

10 Day Waiting Period Question

I'm going to be turning 21 on the 17th of August, and I live in California. I wanted to be able to have my handgun in-hand on that day, or as soon as possible. Is it possible to begin the 10 day waiting process started before I am 21? I have looked around, but can't specifically find any...