• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Kotyaer

No carry at local bank...

Necrothread... Made it down to Onley today, remembered to grab a picture. On the topic of banking... Wolf & Hearse... Either of you know lenders on the shore that would do construction loans? We're dealing with Shore, but they're being... difficult.
  2. Kotyaer

No carry at local bank...

Just a heads up for those of us on the shore (all two of us, maybe more...) Shore Bank on Chincoteague Island had a rather verbose no-guns sign on their front door. Plenty large enough to be seen while parking. I haven't checked the other branch on the shore down in Onley, and have not gotten...
  3. Kotyaer

The NRA's National School Shield...

We know how this will be received nationally after the media's done with it. Much as has been done with carry right in VA, this needs to be pushed at a state level. Personally, with my economic situation the way it is right now, I'd be able to step up and volunteer roughly 3-5 days a week at...
  4. Kotyaer

When should I contact the clerk of the court?

Not entirely an OC topic, but I'd really rather not sign up for yet another forum to ask it... I'm sitting here through day 36 of 45, kind of getting a little antsy. Was thinking about calling the clerk of the court to see if there were any issues with my CHP application. Should I just wait...
  5. Kotyaer

Finally got my Crossbreed Supertuck in. FNX-9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k5abrtzn1c8juu/2012-09-15%2021.39.42.jpg Finally got my Crossbreed Supertuck. Tried it on a little bit before I had to leave for Work, Part 2™. Seems like it will do a decent job with OC and CC once I get my permit. Tempted to give it a go around the shore here as...
  6. Kotyaer

First open carry experiences, Hampton Roads Area

Came down here for training, decided to *** ** OC *****. Open carried in my temporary nylon Blackhawk holster last night when I got in, and was able to buy a beer at a 7-11 without being carded. That never happens! Today, just went to training, got back to the hotel and took out the pistol...
  7. Kotyaer

Traveling down to Norfolk for a few days...

Looking to bring my pistol down with me, for SD and possibly range time to burn free time in the afternoon after training for work. Kind of nervous about leaving it in the hotel, unattended (even if they have a safe), but I can't bring it to training and leave it in the car (Federal property)...
  8. Kotyaer

Not strictly OC related...

Okay, fine, it's CC related, but only because I want to cover my bases in case I choose to cover up for certain occasions. Since Virginia honors online courses... Anyone know about Concealed-carry.net being legit?
  9. Kotyaer

Cops: Man, 65, shoots teens who pushed him off bike, kills one

Of course the title (direct from the CBS Site) makes one think it was just some old loon who lost it when some teenager shoved him, but we all know that's rarely the case. Good on the guy. I hate to see a death in the news that could have been avoided, but perhaps the two surviving thugs have...
  10. Kotyaer

Safariland 6360... Gov Auctions

Found this while I was wandering the Govdeals website. http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1561&acctid=782 A lot of 5 Safariland 6360(Sig p2209dak 226rdak, p220rdasa, p226rdasa) for $100. Seems like it could be a good deal depending on the condition (which they do not...