• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to say when people complain they are "uncomfortable" because of your gun?

mp06011999

Tell 'em,
"You may not have to pick a side in your lifetime, but if you have no physical form of resistance, it won't matter anyhow."

sraacke

"Shut the Heck Up."
"Leave me alone or I'll call 911 and have you arrested for harassing me."
"Grow the heck up."
"Go change your tampon."

Yes and armed society is a polite society but we don't live in an armed society. We live in a world of sheep who have been programmed to be scared and unable to function as free citizens of a republic. I have no respect for these types of mouth breathers and treat them with contempt whenever I encounter them. They are the reasons why we can't have nice things.
I have no reason to apologize for or explain why I exercise my rights.

JoeSparky

Centurion
So, you are uncomfortable that one is carrying a holstered firearm in a lawful manner? WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE WHERE THE GUN IS AND WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING TO ME?:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have only had but one anti who totally lost her cool - when VCU (Richmond, Va) students were moving in last fall I was passing out GSL stickers and talking to anyone that asked questions. She thought it was very dangerous having a gun around all of these children. When I tried to have a pleasant exchange of information with her, she screamed, "I don't want to hear anything that you have to say!"

I said, "Have a nice day." and walked away, continuing doing the same as before.

Shortly thereafter I had an entourage of three VCU officers on my six (within 10 ft, one only about 5-6 ft) - got tired of that so turned and started filming them and called for a supervisor. Settled that in relatively short order and I was left unattended for the balance of the day.

OC is legal on public streets and sidewalks AND on VCU campus outside of the buildings - no cite provided.

The GSL stickers being offered were IMO protected under the 1st Amend.

Liberty-or-Death

Not sure which I'd pick.

1. Does your mommy know you are talking to me?
2. It's irrational to fear an inanimate object.
3. My gun doesn't go thoughtlessly shooting off like your mouth does.
4. Go away kid, ya botherin me.
5. (Square off and start a staring contest without saying a word.)
6. Hi, my name is Dave, what's your name?

Wild Dog

Banned
I never say anything, and I rarely have a problem. I tend to carry two pistols and a longarm at a minimum whenever I go outside. And whenever I enter a store or restaurant I can see the grateful look in the eyes of the customers as they know a sheepdog has entered their grazing area and is ready to drive off the wolves.:cool:

JoshGoshR

I would just explain that I carry a gun to better protect myself and my family. People are usually pretty reasonable when I explain that to them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I never say anything, and I rarely have a problem. I tend to carry two pistols and a longarm at a minimum whenever I go outside. And whenever I enter a store or restaurant I can see the grateful look in the eyes of the customers as they know a sheepdog has entered their grazing area and is ready to drive off the wolves.:cool:
I truly hope that was sarcasm.

I am neither a LEO nor LEO wannabe. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones.

I would be very, very careful about stepping into a situation about which I didn't truly know who and what the actors were.

BTW - longgun carry is off topic on OCDO. Please read the Forum Rules.

Wild Dog

Banned
I truly hope that was sarcasm.

I am neither a LEO nor LEO wannabe. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones.

I would be very, very careful about stepping into a situation about which I didn't truly know who and what the actors were.

BTW - longgun carry is off topic on OCDO. Please read the Forum Rules.

My apologies, I have no desire to break the forum rules, forget the mention of the longgun. But I do have a pistol on each hip wherever I go, I'm just as deadly with either hand.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My apologies, I have no desire to break the forum rules, forget the mention of the longgun. But I do have a pistol on each hip wherever I go, I'm just as deadly with either hand.
Truly hope your expertise is never really tested. Your life will likely be forever altered.

One thing most of us never do on this forum is brag about are abilitiy. We are not pistoleros.

We are from many demographic sections, but by and large just good, normal people going through our daily lives. We would rather avoid an armed confrontation than not.

stealthyeliminator

Truly hope your expertise is never really tested. Your life will likely be forever altered.

One thing most of us never do on this forum is brag about are abilitiy. We are not pistoleros.

We are from many demographic sections, but by and large just good, normal people going through our daily lives. We would rather avoid an armed confrontation than not.

I like to say that I'll probably go my entire life, carrying nearly ever day, and never have to use my firearm a single time, but the same was true for many of the people that were victimized today.

Of course, the odds of being victimized do vary depending on our situations, scenarios, and choices... But you get the idea. People are victimized against the odds all the time. So, I take comfort in the fact that I'll probably never have to use my firearm in self defense, but I'm still going to carry it, and I think that others should too, and really if enough of society began taking their defense and their families' defense on as a personal responsibility, which it is truly is, we'd probably see much safer communities.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I like to say that I'll probably go my entire life, carrying nearly ever day, and never have to use my firearm a single time, but the same was true for many of the people that were victimized today.

Of course, the odds of being victimized do vary depending on our situations, scenarios, and choices... But you get the idea. People are victimized against the odds all the time. So, I take comfort in the fact that I'll probably never have to use my firearm in self defense, but I'm still going to carry it, and I think that others should too, and really if enough of society began taking their defense and their families' defense on as a personal responsibility, which it is truly is, we'd probably see much safer communities.

I understand and agree with your point(s).

What I was softly addressing was the apparent bravado that would seem to be expressed by Wild Dog. I mean him no slight, but admit to cringing a bit when people tell me or imply how good they are.

How good am I? Hope we never have to find out. It will always be a work in progress.

stealthyeliminator

I understand and agree with your point(s).

What I was softly addressing was the apparent bravado that would seem to be expressed by Wild Dog. I mean him no slight, but admit to cringing a bit when people tell me or imply how good they are.

How good am I? Hope we never have to find out. It will always be a work in progress.

Oh, and I agreed with you as well, I was just using your post as a launching pad ;)