• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

now sonic and chile's join the ban

solus

now there are 8 establishments

usa today has published an article saying guns should be left at home at sonic and chiles...specifically due to a 29 May OC LG event in texas...mr. philipps is standing proud holding his rifle...

Mom's thanks the chains...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2014/05/30/sonic-chilis-no-guns/9789685/

and the OC LG leaders said they were ceasing their activities...

oh and the texas OC group's leadership is going to demonstrate at home depot this weekend...

and the texas group believes they are winning as they are getting the national chains to ban firearms across the country...morons

ipse

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Businesses are free to ban law abiding citizens. So law abiding citizens are free to gather on public land near said businesses and hold informational pickets on just how unsafe those businesses are. Dangerous policy needs to be exposed. Turnabout is fair play IMHO. Now to find those willing to organize....that will put a stop to this "screw your safety, our irrational fears trump your right to self defense policies."

Food for thought... one hopes.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

8 out of thousands with non bans. Good for those who do not ban, especially good for the small restaurant owners. They are laughing all the way to the bank with the business they gain from these large corporate business. No business is fool proof or so big they public cannot break their back. While the public may not carry as a large percentage by the numbers we have seen in the online polls they do take their safety seriously and know that OC means safety.

I don't think there is enough bandwith on OCDO to list all the large companies that went under because they thought they were all that. OUR job is not to whine about these places but to get the word out on the places that welcome us.

In Sanford small resturants that are gun friendly are Dairy Bar, Brass Kettle, and in Spring Lake TS Family Restaurant. There are more but those are the ones I frequent. As far as franchise Hardee's, McDonalds, IHOP, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell just off the top of my head.

I tire of the bickering and finger pointing when the answer is so damn simple!

I would appreciate it if Texans come on board and post the firearm friendly restaurants that they frequent. Especially the small restaurants, they need your business, give it to them.

stealthyeliminator

usa today has published an article saying guns should be left at home at sonic and chiles...specifically due to a 29 May OC LG event in texas...mr. philipps is standing proud holding his rifle...

Mom's thanks the chains...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2014/05/30/sonic-chilis-no-guns/9789685/

and the OC LG leaders said they were ceasing their activities...

oh and the texas OC group's leadership is going to demonstrate at home depot this weekend...

and the texas group believes they are winning as they are getting the national chains to ban firearms across the country...morons

ipse

Check your timelines and facts before you accuse people of not following their word.

If you want to know about the activities of the open carry groups in Texas you should join/subscribe to their pages, not rely on the occasional media piece you stumble across in the media.

My question would be, have YOU learned nothing? Most lies have been posted on this forum regarding the OC groups in Texas than truth. If you can't expect to find the truth about a pro-OC group here on this forum, where can you?

Last edited:

solus

Check your timelines and facts before you accuse people of not following their word.

If you want to know about the activities of the open carry groups in Texas you should join/subscribe to their pages, not rely on the occasional media piece you stumble across in the media.

My question would be, have YOU learned nothing? Most lies have been posted on this forum regarding the OC groups in Texas than truth. If you can't expect to find the truth about a pro-OC group here on this forum, where can you?

well let me respond inappropriately with a rhetorical question...

have numerous, 8, by my rudimentary count, and let me make sure i word this properly, oh ya 'asked patrons to leave their firearms out of their store' because of your group(s) so called successfully staged events?

personally, i have a higher faith and trust in the 'established' news outlets where at least their bias is known and understood than some information put out on the internet by a self serving bunch of yokels trying to make a bias and emotional point, which is failing horrifically i might interject.

the only people in the whole world not laughing at your group(s) antics is MOM. however, i wouldn't be surprised if Bloomburg himself came down to the Lone Star state and gave those who perpetrated, leaders would be offered foto ops with the man, these events a huge state wide BBQ since his organization(s) didn't have to spend a dime, not one plug nickle, for the tremendous amount of free publicity and yet still ended up with the same successful results.

and you here you are, come whining and arguing your group(s) are misunderstood and everything said are lies...seems like quite a coincidence, bunky....

ipse

Last edited:

solus

lets discuss truth shall we...
quote joint statement by the leaders of Come and Take It Texas, Texas Carry, Gun Rights Across America and Open Carry Texas. dated 22 May 14
For all further open carry walks with long guns, we are adopting the following unified protocol and general policy to best ensure meeting our respective legislative mission to legalize open carry:
1- 3, 5, & 7 snip
4) Do not go into corporate businesses without prior permission, preferably not at all.
6) Do not post pics publicly if you do get permission and are able to OC in a cooperate business.
8) If at all possible, keep to local small businesses that are 2A friendly.

The conversation has shifted from open carry of handguns to rifles in businesses, negating our efforts and distracting us from our mission.

CJ Grisham, Terry Holcomb, Sr, Murdoch Pizgotti, Eric Reed
Open Carry Texas, Texas Carry, CATI-TX, GRAA unquote

now that is the truth i am talking about...

and you wish i subscribe to this tripe, naw'l, i pass...

now WW that is a sentiment i agree with wholeheartedly. Locally, highway 55, 5 Guys, taco bell, IHOP, Popeyes, Zaxby's, are examples of allowing OC patrons in, at least in my part of rural religious NC

ipse

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

quote joint statement by the leaders of Come and Take It Texas, Texas Carry, Gun Rights Across America and Open Carry Texas. dated 22 May 14
For all further open carry walks with long guns, we are adopting the following unified protocol and general policy to best ensure meeting our respective legislative mission to legalize open carry:
1- 3, 5, & 7 snip
4) Do not go into corporate businesses without prior permission, preferably not at all.
6) Do not post pics publicly if you do get permission and are able to OC in a cooperate business.

The conversation has shifted from open carry of handguns to rifles in businesses, negating our efforts and distracting us from our mission.

now WW that is a setiment i agree with whole heartedly. highway 55 & 5 Guys are another example of allowing OC, at least in my part of rural religious NC

ipse

With all due respect, the above by OCT was not a admission of wrongdoing. It was a streamlining effort to hinder groups like MDA. The problem is not the carry, but the Yankees from up north outright lying. The bans are not bans, they are fence straddling. The truth is that OCT members had permission for those restaurants, there were no instances of intimidated customers or staff. There were police on the scene, and there were no stops or incidents. The sole problem is people giving credit to a group of angry hoplophobic Yankees who hate liberty of any kind.

In my personal opinion I think the statement was a mistake, as with everything else it is being twisted into something it is not.

stealthyeliminator

1- 3, 5, & 7 snip

now WW that is a sentiment i agree with wholeheartedly. Locally, highway 55, 5 Guys, taco bell, IHOP, Popeyes, Zaxby's, are examples of allowing OC patrons in, at least in my part of rural religious NC

ipse

... Check your timeline and facts before accusing people of not following their word.

Do I have to spell this out for you? Or do you think you could knock off the bashing of other open carry organizations? I'm pretty sure that isn't what this forum is for.

Last edited:

solus

... Check your timeline and facts before accusing people of not following their word.

Do I have to spell this out for you? Or do you think you could knock off the bashing of other open carry organizations? I'm pretty sure that isn't what this forum is for.

I beg to differ, if your statewide OC organizational efforts are nationally effecting public OC perception resulting in real or perceived firearm bans, as well as providing extensive fodder and publicity to anti's to push their cause, because of your OC organizational misguided agenda and leadership of said OC organization(s) can't control their agenda's efforts sufficiently, then i am sorry your precious OC organization(s) deserve every flipping bit of criticism they are receiving here and nationally.

apparently, the group's leadership didn't learn nor react promptly from previous events staged earlier and the resulting fall out and yet sanctioned continued events which turned into publicity nightmares and down an unrecoverable slippery slope.

I do not care one iota if the ban(s) is real or perceived, john Q Public reads all the internet and other media outlets and sees the word "BAN'd firearms in eating establishments" and now when i, by state law am allowed to carry, i must now worry not about the establishment's management but the citizen sitting next to me phreaking out and calling the police or making a scene while all i want to do is eat peacefully.

let me put it into several easier perspectives for you

when smoking bans were instituted ~ city by city, across the country, the public didn't care if the establishment allowed smoking, they pitched a flipping scene when they saw someone smoking in the establishment and i am sure there were many police called to enforce the 'smoking' ordinances enacted.

you talk about the forum ~ look at those members who jump up and down and are affectionately and regularly called the grammar nazi(s) and there isn't even a forum rule about 'grammer' :shocker: usage

you scream lies, lies, lies...maybe, but when the horse is out of the barn running down the road, i do not care who let the animal out...your organization(s) didn't have the wherewithal nor resources to effect damage control to affect the outcome.

now, quit your bellyaching and your continued finger pointing of lies here or there about who let the horse out, so you can now put your outrage where it belongs...on those who failed to appropriately provide leadership, didn't respond and misread initial event opps, didn't respond properly to the initial fall out, and yet continued to plod along until the whole country perceives these eating establishments have sanctioned firearm owners.

like the VA debacle, someone accepted (finally) responsibility and resigned so someone else could begin remediation efforts...within your precious organization(s) has anybody even stepped up and said perhaps our agenda didn't work. nope - quote: We are winning. Because we are winning,...unquote

ipse

i'm sorry what timeline do you keep ranting about, since you have not put anything of substance out here to respond to except that simple statement, i took the liberty to pursue what i have read here, (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...t-Your-local-Home-depot&p=2064843#post2064843) on the internet, as well as from the national media.

Last edited:

solus

WW, et al., the problem as i explained below, falls under the auspices of their press release was little late to the party at damage control as that horse is in the next county, even state.

who, nationally, reported the press release from the Texas' OC leadership. ???? ????

as you know perception is everything...as such we here in the Tarheel state we are certainly affected as are the citizens in the other 49 states...

in retrospect, I do not know if our infamous gun advocating group could have even screwed up this bad with their efforts to affect establishments nationwide.

they did give it a good shot with pushing their personal agenda which has done enough damage to Tarheel's citizens firearm activities.

ipse

WalkingWolf

Well to take each one individually

Chili's serves alcohol, so without permission from the manager or franchise owner that is out in NC. I highly doubt they would give permission.

Sonic, at least around here, is mostly eat in the vehicle, so even a open carried handgun is not going to be seen.

Starbucks, well they have not even close to raising a eyebrow with open carry in NC.

Chippotles I have no idea but there statement is not a ban.

Jack in the Box, don't know if we have any, but theirs was a non ban.

I don't see it affecting us at all here in NC. In fact the publicity for unlicensed Open Carry is damaging to GRNC's cause to limit open carry. You see this is mostly a non issue with most people. They just don't care. The people who do care are the people like MDA, or CC who are intimidated by open carry. OTH if the legislature licenses OC in Texas THAT will be bad for us, since that is the goal of GRNC.

Outside of the three gun forums I am part of nobody is even discussing the issue. And amazingly enough the issue is pretty much dead on the Glock forum, and even there it was about 50% support for OCT.

So for the concealed carry person in NC the perception is carry as normal. So far the outcome for the handgun OCer in NC it has been carry as normal. These few restaurants are but a blip on the amount of restaurants in NC, even franchise restaurants.

Just my opinion, but when we give any credibility to a group of known liars, who intentionally do so, then we are the problem, not the LGOCers. We should be pointing out the outright lies, and getting the message out that we indeed make business a safer place. More safe than CC, and more safe than the police. Once the public realizes the fact that we make them safe most whether they carry or not will be our allies.

I would be willing to bet over half the people in NC have absolutely no idea what is taking place in Texas. Hell most people do not even know who is vice president.

Tuesday a well liked woman who ran a thrift shop in Sanford was sliced to death. Sanford is a small town, people here know that there is no crime while OCers are present, even if they don't like guns.

Last edited:

solus

WW, remember, i am responding to the citizen's perception, real or perceived, and our anti capital broadcasting group, including WRAL out of Raleigh has reported these eating establishment incidents with reserved 'glee'.

my contention is not if the effort was justified, but rather was fraught w/an apparent lack of forethought of possible outcomes and who the group was actually pushing against, not their legislators but rather the bloomburg machine who has extensive resources to bring to bear once their local event(s) went south and were then nationally picked up, which provided the impetus to push further mis-information, lies if you will, to the nation's citizens. remember most ppl do not care if the information is a lie but rather who told it.

i have encountered one middle aged male citizen w/partner in tow, who asked my perception of the 'ban' as i was leaving a local andy's/highway 55..."what are you going to do when 55 'bans' firearms".

i looked astonished and indicated i didn't believe it would occur and moved on.

if our august self proclaimed gun advocacy group's self proclaimed agenda might suffer any perceived grief, there is a sliver lining to the debacle in texas.

saw your local event on the news, sorry to hear about it as in a small rural area it is tough to lose someone in that manner since everyone knows everyone. they have quit reporting on the event, any perspective on motive and perp? PM with your thoughts.

tough question, agnew - no he went to jail, no it is rockafellor, or wait, qayle...ah got it, trick question - as it is the inventor of the internet ~ al gore.

ipse

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

WW, remember, i am responding to the citizen's perception, real or perceived, and our anti capital broadcasting group, including WRAL out of Raleigh has reported these eating establishment incidents with reserved 'glee'.

my contention is not if the effort was justified, but rather was fraught w/an apparent lack of forethought of possible outcomes and who the group was actually pushing against, not their legislators but rather the bloomburg machine who has extensive resources to bring to bear once their local event(s) went south and were then nationally picked up, which provided the impetus to push further mis-information, lies if you will, to the nation's citizens. remember most ppl do not care if the information is a lie but rather who told it.

i have encountered one middle aged male citizen w/partner in tow, who asked my perception of the 'ban' as i was leaving a local andy's/highway 55..."what are you going to do when 55 'bans' firearms".

i looked astonished and indicated i didn't believe it would occur and moved on.

if our august self proclaimed gun advocacy group's self proclaimed agenda might suffer any perceived grief, there is a sliver lining to the debacle in texas.

saw your local event on the news, sorry to hear about it as in a small rural area it is tough to lose someone in that manner since everyone knows everyone. they have quit reporting on the event, any perspective on motive and perp? PM with your thoughts.

tough question, agnew - no he went to jail, no it is rockafellor, or wait, qayle...ah got it, trick question - as it is the inventor of the internet ~ al gore.

ipse
The bold is how to handle it, but honestly most people I talk to don't care. The ones that do, are supportive. But I would inform them of the truth if they are willing to listen, if not they were anti to begin with. All in all I believe what OCT is doing is positive. I just wish more people would ask me, because I would love to point out the lack of robberies while OC is present.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, I certainly want to know what businesses have any type of anti-leanings.

And during election time when I see businesses with anti candidates' signage, I stop in and find out why they have the sign up. Many times, people will just ask if they can put up a sign and the owner will say "sure" and not even know the position of the candidate. I tell them why I have an objection to the sign and inform them that I will not visit their business if they do not remove it. I would estimate a 80% success rate of having the signs taken down.

So I want antis to put up their signs proclaiming their positions. Rather I know than give the business $$ that they will use to support an anti candidate.

They claim not to want their business to be a political focal point but then act in a political fashion putting up anti signs. Thanks for letting me know your opinions on what you think our rights are worth.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I beg to differ, if your statewide OC organizational efforts are nationally effecting public OC perception resulting in real or perceived firearm bans, as well as providing extensive fodder and publicity to anti's to push their cause, because of your OC organizational misguided agenda and leadership of said OC organization(s) can't control their agenda's efforts sufficiently, then i am sorry your precious OC organization(s) deserve every flipping bit of criticism they are receiving here and nationally.

apparently, the group's leadership didn't learn nor react promptly from previous events staged earlier and the resulting fall out and yet sanctioned continued events which turned into publicity nightmares and down an unrecoverable slippery slope.

I do not care one iota if the ban(s) is real or perceived, john Q Public reads all the internet and other media outlets and sees the word "BAN'd firearms in eating establishments" and now when i, by state law am allowed to carry, i must now worry not about the establishment's management but the citizen sitting next to me phreaking out and calling the police or making a scene while all i want to do is eat peacefully.

let me put it into several easier perspectives for you

when smoking bans were instituted ~ city by city, across the country, the public didn't care if the establishment allowed smoking, they pitched a flipping scene when they saw someone smoking in the establishment and i am sure there were many police called to enforce the 'smoking' ordinances enacted.

you talk about the forum ~ look at those members who jump up and down and are affectionately and regularly called the grammar nazi(s) and there isn't even a forum rule about 'grammer' :shocker: usage

you scream lies, lies, lies...maybe, but when the horse is out of the barn running down the road, i do not care who let the animal out...your organization(s) didn't have the wherewithal nor resources to effect damage control to affect the outcome.

now, quit your bellyaching and your continued finger pointing of lies here or there about who let the horse out, so you can now put your outrage where it belongs...on those who failed to appropriately provide leadership, didn't respond and misread initial event opps, didn't respond properly to the initial fall out, and yet continued to plod along until the whole country perceives these eating establishments have sanctioned firearm owners.

like the VA debacle, someone accepted (finally) responsibility and resigned so someone else could begin remediation efforts...within your precious organization(s) has anybody even stepped up and said perhaps our agenda didn't work. nope - quote: We are winning. Because we are winning,...unquote

ipse

i'm sorry what timeline do you keep ranting about, since you have not put anything of substance out here to respond to except that simple statement, i took the liberty to pursue what i have read here, (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...t-Your-local-Home-depot&p=2064843#post2064843) on the internet, as well as from the national media.

Sorry, but it is still a violation of forum rules to bash other gun rights groups.

"(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked."

solus

Sorry, but it is still a violation of forum rules to bash other gun rights groups.

"(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked."

i still believe my concerns being addressed are specially related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization as their actions have had a profound affect, real or perceived, as acknowledged by the leadership of those gun rights organizations, on citizen's national OC firearm activities.

additionally, as stated as mission 1 from OCT the organization is specifically only concerned with education of texas citizens on OC of rifles and shotguns safely

and you consistently fail to answer my continued question to you.

ipse

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

i still believe my concerns being addressed are specially related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization as their actions have had a profound affect, real or perceived, as acknowledged by the leadership of those gun rights organizations, on citizen's national OC firearm activities.

additionally, as stated as mission 1 from OCT the organization is specifically only concerned with education of texas citizens on OC of rifles and shotguns safely

and you consistently fail to answer my continued question to you.

ipse

Is this the question that you're referring to: have numerous, 8, by my rudimentary count, and let me make sure i word this properly, oh ya 'asked patrons to leave their firearms out of their store' because of your group(s) so called successfully staged events?

I did a search for question marks in this thread and I have only found one question directed toward me. I've been unable to find a "continued" question. Not that I've been giving too much attention to your bash posts...

To say OCT is an anti-OC organization needs no reply. It's clearly not. Your bashing is in violation of forum rules.

HPmatt

In Dallas I don't OC long guns but I do CC. I have not observed any restaurants we frequent with anti-gun signs. Guess you could say it is 'don't ask don't tell'. Now it is warming up it is more of the comfort issue of wearing a windbreaker or blazer to conceal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

since9

Campaign Veteran

usa today has published an article saying guns should be left at home at sonic and chiles...

And WALLETS, kids, spouses, family, friends, kids parties, special get-togethers, business lunches, midnight runs...

With half of America owning firearms and two-thirds supporting the right to keep and bear arms, their decision is financial suicide.

The more they push, the more Constitution-respecting Americans will push back, primarily by simply going elsewhere. The competitors of those 8 establishments win big, while "The Crazy 8" lose even bigger.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

There are plenty of eating places the cheapest is your own kitchen.

If these business believe that they can operate with out gun owners money let them.

I'll just spend my dollars at gun friendly places.