• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harris Taking Class to Reinstate Her Concealed Weapons Permit

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now, Katherine Harris Isn't Sure. What's up with this?

From the Washington Post-
"And last weekend she did well target shooting. Harris had told the St. Petersburg Times she had a concealed-weapons permit that lapsed, and was taking a refresher course to renew it.
But then on Saturday she said she had been mistaken and may never have had a concealed-weapons permit. "I thought I had, but I'm not sure if I did or not," Harris told the Times. "You think I would have known, but I never had this kind of training before."
Well, what was it? A library card?"

...and we elect these people?

DoubleR

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

She is a politician after all. Nothing wrong with that.

Same thing as politicians going to ethnic food festivals and tasting stuff they would nevernormally go near.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well the statement she made that she wasn't sure if she had a permit before makes me think this is just a PR stunt and she could care less about gun owners except for our votes. I could be wrong, she might just be an idiot, but that still doesn't give me the warm and fuzzys about her in the US Senate.

The thing I try to keep in mind about politicians is that when they aren't kissing babies they are stealing their candy. Then giving it to diabetic babies.

TaosGlock

imported post

What concerns me is FL wanting to publish names of CCW holders online.
As for Harris, sounds like she is too busy overcomming her 30 point difference between Nelson to keep up with her own self defense issues.
Can we expect her to watch out for our gun rights if she gets elected to the Senate?

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Well the statement she made that she wasn't sure if she had a permit before makes me think this is just a PR stunt and she could care less about gun owners except for our votes. I could be wrong, she might just be an idiot, but that still doesn't give me the warm and fuzzys about her in the US Senate.
OTOH, she is at least making the effort. I seem to recall Bill Nelson has repeatedly waffled in his support of the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. Sometimes you do not get tovote fora perfect candidate.

TaosGlock

imported post

ilbob wrote:
OTOH, she is at least making the effort. I seem to recall Bill Nelson has repeatedly waffled in his support of the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. Sometimes you do not get tovote fora perfect candidate.
I would really like to see another Susanna Hupp in Congress, the Texas Congresswoman.
Often times we get the lesser of two evils when deciding between a Democrat and a Republican.
Let's hope Harris uses this incident to get reconnected to the gun rights issue.

socuban

imported post

I emailed her to find out what she thought about passing open carry legislation here in Florida. Hopefully I'll hear something back in the near future.

It is a good sign that she is getting her CWP. I lived in NJ for 36 years, and one of the first things I did when I moved to FL was get my CWP.

I still feel strange carring a gun, like I'm going to get arrested and locked up and thrown into an Instanbul jail like that dude from the movie Midnight Express. NJ has caused me a lot of trauma over 36 years:?