• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Carry 2

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

For the uninitiated, the restaurant blog was begun to show the acceptance of open carry in restaurants in Virginia. The purpose is to document how on the vast majority of occasions, the experience will be uneventful for the open carrier. In effect, to show that one is notat all likely to be kicked out, arrested or harrassed by LEOs, or attacked by criminals. As the blog went on and users added their experiences, it grew into quite a list of open carry friendly restaurants. The compiled listhas been made available courtesy of Coltcarrier at http://www.frappr.com/opencarry/map.

With the new forum I'd like to continue to post my experiences here and I hope others will continue to as well. It's great to be back.

Andrewaka longwatch

http://packinginnova.blogspot.com/

longwatch

imported post

05/13/06 Open Carried at the El Paso Restaurant in Arlington, as usual no problems to report.

VAspringer

imported post

Longwatch.....I was wondering if you had dropped of the face of the earth:D

Glad to see you back in the "food business"

OC'd at Fat Punks in Manassas Park over the weekend....once again the staff noticed the 1911 but no problems or comments

Tricorn

imported post

Went to Virginia Beach for the weekend. OCed at the following:

05-11-06 The Raven @ 12th St & Atlantic Ave for lunch.

05-11-06 The Rockfish BoardwalkBar and SeaGrill @ 16th St & Atlantic Ave for dinner.

05-12-06 Mary's Restaurant @ 17th St & Mediterranean Ave for breakfast.

05-12-06 The Black Angus Restaurant @ 7th St and Atlantic Ave for dinner.

05-13-06 Mary's Restaurant @ 17th St & Mediterranean Ave for breakfast.

05-13-06 CP Shuckers @ 15th St & Atlantic Ave for dinner.

05-14-06 The Rockfish BoardwalkBar and SeaGrill @ 16th St & Atlantic Ave for dinner.

Arrived back in Fredericksburg today (05-15-06) and OCed at Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavell's Road.

PaulG

imported post

5/13/06 - OC'd at Famous Daves in Chantilly. 7 adults and one baby. Four adults armed (but not the baby.....oh well, maybe later).

Ribs were great. No problems exceptfor waddling to the car after eating too much.

longwatch

imported post

5/16/06 OC briefly at Anthony's in Falls Church, just long enough to pick up my carry out food. No Problems.

longwatch

imported post

5/17/06 Open Carried at Pan Am Restaurant, a few policemen came in but there are often a few officers there eating dinner and there were no problems as usual. After dinner I went next door to the CVS still open carrying. The guy behind the register asked if I was a policeman. I said no. He then asked if I was a Marine;), I said I used to be one. He said cool, then had a funny look on his face trying to figure me out. He then asked if was FBI, no. Then he asked if I was a bounty hunter.:shock: I said no, I am just a guy.:cool: We kept on talking for a minute about open carry, he had some funny ideas about use of force but all in all a good chance to educate someone about open carry.

VAopencarry

imported post

Bounty Hunter, that's classic. What do you make of him going from are you a cop, to are you a Marine, interesting leap I think.

longwatch

imported post

5/18/06 OC with about a couple dozen open carriers at the VCDL meeting at the Mason District Government Center and with about half that number at Fuddruckers in Annandale. As usual no problems.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[sup]5-23-06. OC in Shoney's on Indian River Road in Va Beach, and Radisson Hotel in Norfolk. No problems. One young lady on the hotel staff approached my friend: "Are you with that self-defense gun organization?" "Yes, I am." "Well good. My grandfather fought in WWII and always said it was important to keep our constitutional gun rights." "Thank you; I agree."[/sup]

PaulG

imported post

5/25/06 - OC'd at IHOP in Fairfax (Rt 29 & Blake Lane) - no problems.

5/26/06 - OC'd at IHOP - AGAIN (waist line is expanding). Again...no problems.

5/26/06 - OC'd at Five Guys on Rt 7 near Alexandria. The only problem was that the guy behind the counter insisted that I eat peanuts while waiting for my order.