• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Carry 2

lprgcFrank

imported post

8/3 OC's at the Ruby Tuesday's across Rt 50 from the NRA range for dinner - no issues. Even had one woman notice that my flashlight was on and let me know :)

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I have never seen it posted at the AMC at Springfield Mall, but I just checked the VCDL Gun Owner Unfriendly list and AMCTheaters is listed as being anti-gun.

I never saw any signs posted either. But, I can only tell you that no one said anything to me. I just boughtthe tickets, got popcorn and ICEEs, watched the movie, left the theater, left the mall, got in my car, and went home. I tell you what, after two people got robbed near Tyson's corner and someone got stabbed at Springfield Mall, I am going to continue to pack heat.:X

2nd Amendment............Use it.........Or, lose it!!!!!!!!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

08/08/06 OC'd at a new place tonight, Sign of the Whale at Lohmans Plaza, no problems at all.

Tricorn

imported post

08-09-06 OCed at Shoney's on Rte 3 in Fredericksburg. They don't serve alcohol so I did not have to OC. I have CCed thereseveral times. I was OCing as we were on our way to BJ's and decided to stop and eat first. Went to the soup bar and got soup. Went to the salad bar and got some salad. After dinner went to the dessert bar and got some dessert. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

08-10-06 OCed for the first time at Bivio Luciano Italian Restaurant at the intersection of Courthouse Rd (Rte 208) and Leavells Rd in Spotsy. Gooood food. No problems.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just took my oldest daughter to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's on Victory Blvd. in York County. Both my kids and my wife are pretty blase about the whole issue now, since we've gone to everything from "shaved ice" joints to upscale restaurants with no untoward incidents at all.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Took one of my daughters to the new Starbucks on Rt 17 in Grafton (York Co.) yesterday. I'm sure some of the folks noticed, but no problems at all.

If memory serves me, it was a Starbucks in No. VA where "it all started".

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I checked the News Archive on VCDL.org. The incident took place at a Tyson's Corner Starbucks on June 14th, 2004. That and a similar incident in a restaurant a few weeks later lead to the article in the Washington Post which grudgingly admitted the practice was totally legal. Of course, the article dripped with disdain and condescension for those of us who choose to exercise the freedom.

Perhaps June 14th should become "OC in a Starbucks Day"

In the lst year, I've OC'd in two local Starbucks with nary a peep from anyone.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I ordered for pickup at the Woodbridge Chipotle tonight, and since they sell alcohol for consumption on the premises I was forced to open carry. I walked past two Prince William County police officers, one of whom was refilling his soda. They both took me in with a glance and then resumed their business. There was nobody in line so I went straight to the cash register and gave them my name and told them that I'd ordered for pickup. The cashier (who looked and sounded like a recent immigrant) was riveted by my Glock 19 resting in its retention holster. After getting my food and ringing it up, he motioned towards the Glock and asked if I wasa police officer.to which I gave the usual reply that I learned on this forum: "Nope, just a guy."

He glanced nervously towards the cops, who were minding their own business and eating, then stared at my gun some more. I reassured him that it was perfectly legal, and that I was in fact required to carry it openly since they served alcohol there, and his jaw dropped a little bit as I wished him a good evening and left, walking right past the two officers again.

I love living in Virginia!