• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Carry 2

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

6-4-06. Not really a restaurant, but just OC'd at Starbucks on Victory Blvd in York County. Another non-event.

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is my first open carry post. I open carried last night at Tony's Pizza on Mathis Ave., just off 28 in Manassas, VA. The owner there is very friendly. He clearly noticed I was carrying while taking my order, but no problems. Great food too.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would love to help with the trailblazing, but unfortunately I cannot OC locally. This is due to an agreement with the wife. She's a local teacher and does not want to deal with parents/students making a deal about my carrying. I can OC outside of the local area, but stay concealed around town.

I'm guilty of following in others footsteps because my wife is still getting used to the OC idea. I'm trying to ease her aprehension and didn't want to be asked to leave and have to listen to her. I do tend to carry open more when out of the area, but that really doesn't help much with this effort.

As time goes on, and she gets more comfortable, I hope to contribute more to this.

Tricorn

imported post

06-05-06 OCed at Bonefish Grill in Central Park in Fredericksburg for dinner. My wife and I have eaten there before, but this is my first timeI OCed there. No problems, but one of the waiters keep looking me up and down - glancing at my firearm, then up then back down. Nobody else seemed to show any interest, our waitress was busy taking care of us and her other tables and showed no interesy at all. I had the softshell crabs with capers and lemon-butter sauce and the wife had mahi-mahi dusted with macadamia nuts. Both very good. We finished with dessert, wife had the chocolate brownie and I had bananas foster. Again, both very good - each one was big enough to be a mealby itself.

Tricorn

imported post

06-07-06 OCed at Logan's Roadhouse at the Spotsy Mall (excuse me..... the Spotsylvania Towne Center) for dinner. A couple of long glances was about it.

TrueBrit

imported post

If all of you Virginia boys shoot as well as you dine, I would not be a BG in the Old Dominion for all the tea in China!:DSeriously, you do all who post here a great service, by forcing your fellow diners to confront any fears that they may have about armed citizens, and dispelling them by your civilised conduct. Don't overdo the good chow, though! Stay lean and keen, as we do in Kentucky!;)

TrueBrit.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

6/8/06 OC'd in a new place tonight, Kazan Turkish Restaurant in McLean. Good service, a bit expensive, but no problems and good food.

Tricorn

imported post

06-08-06 OCed at Renato's, downtown Fred'burg. It's my wife's favorite Italian restaurant which is why we eat there so frequently.

06-09-06 OCed at George's Pizza at Five Mile Fork inSpotsylvania.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Took my oldest daughter to dinner at the Red Star Tavern in City Center in Newport News. A young kid at the next table kept looking at me, so I assume he saw I was carrying, but no one said anything, no pandemonium broke out, no black helicopters appeared. Also stopped at Movie Scene in Grafton on the way home. All in all, a pleasant evening with no hassles, just the way I like it.

Tricorn

imported post

06-12-06 OCed at Ruby Tuesday's at Lee's Hill Center at Rte 1 in Spotsylvania. We had families with kids (ages varied) all around us. No problems or issues.

darrel_h

imported post

ok, so i've been to this site before and just joined today. don't know why it took so long but.... just wanted to let you all know i open carried in Five Guys right off of Rt. 1 in Mount Vernon a while back. The people working there made a couple of jokes to each other (was kind of hard to understand exactly what they were saying), but other than that no problems whatsoever.

darrel_h

imported post

oh yeah, just remembered i open carriedat starbucks several times in the Beacon Hill Shopping Plaza right off of Rt.1 in Alexandria and the new starbucks in the mount vernon shopping plaza, all without incident. the first time icarried in the beacon hill one there was actually what appeared to be a security guard in there, he looked at me a few times, but didn't seem to pay any real attention.

Hobie

imported post

I've seen several folks open carry at Cracker Barrel in Staunton without problems including tourists sitting with their kids at the next, very close, table. Bodes well I think! I carry concealed or don't eat at that particular establishment. ;)

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

darrel-h, Welcome to you! As crowded as Beacon Hill is, especially on the weekend - good job. As for the Woodbridge area, you'd probably be just fine. Since you're down there, your oughta check out Shooter's Paradise. I've known a few folks that shoot there. I was talking to a LEO today that shoots there all the time and he likes it. In his job he said they have to qualify every 3 months, so he keeps up on it. I was kinda surprised.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

6/13/06 OC'd at Celebrity Deli tonight, just picking up some carryout. The guy at the counter was real friendly and we chatted about the weather a bit. No mention of my being armed and no problems.