• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jim Moran and Virginians Against Handgun Violence

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Funny how when the antis dance in the blood of a tragedy and use it to promote their agenda they often propose legislation that has little to do with the tragedy. An officer is killed with an AK in Fairfax, Moran says lets ban .50 caliber weapons. An officer in Philadelphia is killed with a shotgun, Mayor Street says 'we need a one handgun a month law. Has anyone in the US, much more a police officer, ever been murdered by someone using a .50 caliber?
motivator4eb54435ccf1f7e17c19705d60.jpg

TEX1N

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
These people are so idiotic. People are getting murdered left and right by those evil .50 cals, give me a break!!!
The Governator signed a bill in CA banning .50BMG's, even though there was never a murder committed with one in CA. It’s the PC thing to do. This is just another reason that we must stay active in our fight against the anit’s, because they will take whatever we let them. –TEX1N

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'll bet they wished they had a .50 at the north hollywood bank robbery shootout though. Can you imagine the controversy had a civilian with a .50 shot one or both of the robbers/shooters?

AbsolutZer0

imported post

Isn't that the one where the police had to borrow rifles(AR-15's) from a local gun dealer (aka citizen) in order to penetrate the robbers body armor?

Guess they are glad the california gun ban wasn't in place yet.

Besides that: How many people can actually afford a .50 cal?

DKSuddeth wrote:
I'll bet they wished they had a .50 at the north hollywood bank robbery shootout though. Can you imagine the controversy had a civilian with a .50 shot one or both of the robbers/shooters?

TaosGlock

imported post

I am waiting for the day when the ATF decides the 50BMG is a "destructive device" and bans them overnight without any discussion. Like they did the Street Sweeper shotgun.
That will be the line in the sand for many folks.:cool:

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Why are .50's so expensive? why are pre-ban auto's so expensive? because of the attempt to legislate them out of civilian hands. supply and demand, etc.

If we could get the USSC to rule correctly on the 2nd Amendment these weapons would be less expensive.

Legba

imported post

Absolutely - ban the .50-caliber. That way, I'll be back on top with my .30-cals as the most fearsome boogeyman... bwahaha

-ljp

LeagueOf1291

imported post

Why are these people specifically against handgun violence? Why not against violence in general?

I mean, I'm against handgun violence too. I just use my gun to protect myself against those who are in favor of it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
Why are these people specifically against handgun violence? Why not against violence in general?

I mean, I'm against handgun violence too. I just use my gun to protect myself against those who are in favor of it.

This is our foot-in-the-door to take over Virginians Against Handgun Violence. We're all against gun violence. We've got common-cause with 'em. All we have to do is flood them with membership applications, take over the Board, install Philip Van Cleave as president, and then maybe something can actually get done about gun violence in VA.

SFDoc

imported post

AbsolutZer0 wrote:
Isn't that the one where the police had to borrow rifles(AR-15's) from a local gun dealer (aka citizen) in order to penetrate the robbers body armor?

Guess they are glad the California gun ban wasn't in place yet.

Besides that: How many people can actually afford a .50 cal?
I'm still trying to figure out how the cops got the riflesfrom an FFL dealer without filling out all of the paperwork and the 7 day (or however many days the average citizen would have to wait) waiting period.

According to one FFL dealer I met down in the Big Easy, even during a natural disaster he has to log out each and every firearm he took home because he didn't have room for them in his safes

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

Legba wrote:
Absolutely - ban the .50-caliber. That way, I'll be back on top with my .30-cals as the most fearsome boogeyman... bwahaha

-ljp
except for those who have a .408 cheytac....the they'd be on top, they kinda are now come to think of it.... btw i would love to have a .338 lapua just to say i have one!

Jason aka "Kodiak"

*edited for spelling (i kinda suck at it)*

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
LeagueOf1291 wrote:

This is our foot-in-the-door to take over Virginians Against Handgun Violence. We're all against gun violence. We've got common-cause with 'em. All we have to do is flood them with membership applications, take over the Board, install Philip Van Cleave as president, and then maybe something can actually get done about gun violence in VA.

I LLLLLIKEIT!

Of course, a bunch of antis could always do the same thing to VCDL (though they'd have to get help from out of state to get enough numbers to have an effect).

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
LeagueOf1291 wrote:

I LLLLLIKEIT!

Of course, a bunch of antis could always do the same thing to VCDL (though they'd have to get help from out of state to get enough numbers to have an effect).
The real effect of the operation is to expose the pretenses behind VAHV. They wouldn't let us join once they figured out what was going on. That then gives us ammo to prove they're not against the violence, they're against people being able to defend themselves. Its one more tool in the box; one more skirmish in the fight. It also "shows" we're not the thoughtless, violenthicks and clods that we're made out to be.