• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Experiences

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

5/14/06 Decided to do a little open carry in a few stores in Falls Church just because. No problems at CVS or 711. Normally I do tend to carry concealed except in restaurants of course, but I have been meaning to do it more often. One of these days I will try sterile open carry with no ID.

longwatch

imported post

5/16/06 Just a little OC today 7/11 and Anthony's when I was picking up my carry out. No problems

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Was out and about last night (5/31) around farifax/falls church and ran a few errands and had dinner before running to leesburg to meet some friends. I decided that it was too hot for cover, so I OCed. I spent some time at Metro Run & Walk while the wife got new shoes. After a while one of the cashiers started the "are you an officer" series of questions. Used the "just a guy" line and she stated it never hurts to have protection these days. There was a short conversation about it and then it was like it didn't exist.

I'm sure they will be discussing the redneck that was feeding his son a bottle with a gun on his side for a while. Primarily because of the novelty of the encounter. The attitude of everyone was light and cheerful. It seemed they discussed the firearm when it was just us and the staff. I'm not sure any of the other customers even noticed as they came in and out.

Since I was right by, we decided to check out Idylwood Grill before leaving town. Great little spot!

Then we were off to leesburg for the rest of the evening

longwatch

imported post

6/13/06 Open carried at the Magruders on Graham Rd and then at the Celebrity Deli. No problems.