• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Open Carry Map

TEX1N

imported post

That sounds like a good idea. It would give a little more exposure to OC. One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing added to frapper is an icon for anti-gun establishments, just so we know who not to give out business to.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I thought about adding the anti locations to the map, but when I started the prototyping, it seemed to get real confusing really quickly. I can setup a separate map for anti locations, but again that's another place one has to register. I'm open to suggestions on this frappr page and willing to take all input.

If the group thinks adding anti locations is a good idea, then we can add them. Personally it just clutters the map and adds confusion if you are just trying to look up a place to eat/etc.

VAopencarry

imported post

Personally I would like to see the 'anti' places also but I do understand how it could turn into a big CF on the Frappr map.

I could host/maintain a simple page offsite from the frappr? Just link to it from the Frappr page? thoughts?

AbNo

imported post

This thread lives... Again.... :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing this, and I'd be happy to help administrate it, if anyone might have forgotten about this.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Coltcarrier runs it, might see if he wants a to pass it over. Geeze I notice Tonys is on there :banghead:.

VAspringer

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Personally I would like to see the 'anti' places also but I do understand how it could turn into a big CF on the Frappr map.

I could host/maintain a simple page offsite from the frappr? Just link to it from the Frappr page? thoughts?

How about 2 different maps? One with "friendly" and one with "anti" this would make for a cleaner...less cluttered map and give us the information we want/need.

Also in an effort to make the maps user friendly, maybe have them set up by County or Region.....ie: if I am interested in Hampton Roads or Arlington County I could pull up the appropriate map...etc...

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

the current design I am looking into will allow you to use google earth or google maps to view different lists for pro and anti locations... The challenge is being able to input the data efficiently and providing a decent interface.

I just haven't had much time to work on it lately