• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in a Bank

Sleepless

imported post

I know this this thread died soon a year and a half ago but I was wondering whether anybody has any knowledgeif RBC Centura which is located in the Hampton Roads area allow guns into their bank or not because I am a Royal Bank of Canada account holder here in Canada but due to the fact that RBC also owns RBC Centura I have a bank account in the US too so I can continue with my US and Canadian Banking when I have moved to the Hampton Roads area, but I would like to know if anybody who banks there have open carried or if they have a no gun policy because then I got to complain to them and let them know that when I move to the US then I will be immediately canceling my account there unless they change their policy.

Thanks in Advance.

nova

imported post

I sadly still deal with Wachovia...I opened the accounts before I knew a damn thing about gun politics, and since I found out I stick strictly to the ATM outside of the building...only going inside when ABSOLUTELY necessary, which was only once or twice in the past year.

Sleepless

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Is it posted? If not, open carry, they'll let you know.

Only problem is that presently I am in Montreal, Quebec but I hope to move to VB ASAP, I am just dealing with if I should do school here because it is a lot cheaper or apply for school there and then see if I can change my VISA to Immigrant.

It is a very long story but it is WAY off topic in here. :p

Just wondering if they allowed guns there or not because if they didn't then I could try to light a flame under them while I am in Canada until I move to the US permanently.

But time will tell how life goes.

Xeni

imported post

I've had no issue OC'ing at the Bank of America in Dumfries. Done so a few times, including to get a notary for my CHP. The people at that bank branch have always been very nice and receptive.

A few times I've OC'd after business hours to the ATM at that same branch and had a few :what:but outside of that no issues. For those unfamiliar with the Dumfries Bank of America location - it is not in the safest of areas. I don't go into that area after dark without a weapon. Hell, since I started OC'ing I don't go anywhere without my constant companion.

eyesopened

imported post

Is that over there near Port-O-Dumfries? If so, I know what you mean. I used to live off of Fuller Heights road and would pass that place all the time.

Xeni

imported post

Yup. Right off Route 1 past the Town of Dumfries towards Quantico MCB. I think it's near the Kingstowne housing development but could be wrong.

Haven't tried any other branches -- might have to just to give it a shot. No pun intended. :celebrate

Sleepless

imported post

My question still stands, has anybody done any banking with RBC Centura which is located in Hampton Roads while open carrying or has anybody been there and seen any no gun signs??

I could call them but most of the banks CSR's are located in Canada and won't know anything and I would rather not give them the heads up to possibly ban guns if it is presently legal.

I am hoping to move as soon as possible if I can.

Thundar

imported post

Been to the RBC Centura in Downtown Norfolk with my SIG 229 in a Serpa on my hip. No problem. Don't bank there just went in with my friend from Ontario. No problems and I didn't see a sign.

TheEggman

imported post

Burke & Herbert Bank and Trust - Alexandria VA (Va's Oldest Bank)

I frequently carry at the Main Branch in Old Town and the Duke Street Branch, and occasionally at most others, including into the vault for S.D. box access.

Never a second look!

Egg

mobeewan

imported post

I would be interested to see if any of the banks that threaten to prosecute law abiding citizens for carrying on their property have pursued prosecuting anyone who has robbed them for bringing a gun into the bank.

If they haven't and some law abiding citizen was caught carrying couldn't they beat the charges because the bank failed to enforce their own rules equally? :p:D

TheEggman

imported post

I may be wrong but I believe Wachovia, with a strict no guns policy is one of the most robbed banks in the nation.

E

Sleepless

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Been to the RBC Centura in Downtown Norfolk with my SIG 229 in a Serpa on my hip. No problem. Don't bank there just went in with my friend from Ontario. No problems and I didn't see a sign.
Cool so that shouldn't be a problem there then. :)

I hope to move because I just feel sick and tired of my life here and for being discriminated against because I only speak english and not french but I think it has taught me how other people might feel too. :idea:

Thanks for the info Thundar, now I just got to figure out how soon I can get there. :p

DeerForce1

imported post

I don't think i'll open carry in my bank for a few days. They just got robbed at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon for i believe the 3 time in less than a year. Just a few blocks from my house & about 1/4 mile from the new fancy town center here inVa Beach.

I have open carried in that bracnh of Chertway federal credit union of several occaissions in the past with noone saying a word...........................................DF1

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jpierce wrote:
One of the places that people are always amazed that you can carry into is a bank. I had a humorous experience inmy bank a few years ago and thought I would share it.

My friend Don and I (who both open carry)were standing in line at the bank when I heard the little girl behind us whisper to her mother, "Mommy? Are they here to rob the bank?"

Her mother made my day when she leaned down and said, "Bank robbers don't usually stand in line honey!"

I OC in ALL of the Banks here in Salt Lake Area. Last week I sat down with a Banker with my Kimber FULLY visable. The funny part is...this America First Credit Union is NEXT to the PD station and the COURTHOUSE:celebrate. NOBODY cares at the Banks. I have more "concerns" with people at the local restaurant. At RC Willey about 3 weeks or so a sales person THANKED ME FOR CARRYING due to fact that he cannot carry there.

TJ

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Haven't used a commercial bank in over 20 years. They'll nickle and dime you to death and give you nothing for it. I've never had a problem carrying in the Synergy One FCU. They are always cheerful, helpful, and never blink an eye.

Neplusultra

imported post

DeerForce1 wrote:
I don't think i'll open carry in my bank for a few days. They just got robbed at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon for i believe the 3 time in less than a year. Just a few blocks from my house & about 1/4 mile from the new fancy town center here inVa Beach.
Sounds more like a reason "to" carry......

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
DeerForce1 wrote:
Sounds more like a reason "to" carry......
1000% Agree

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I just went to BB&T banks comment page and submitted a comment taht explains that as long as they are so anti gun and post signs that no guns are allowed.. BG's will still come in and rob them at such a high rate. (3 branches just got hit in Northern VA this week). Maybe they will get a clue if more people write in.

Ed