• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is a "LEO"

LargeSarge

imported post

I'm new to OpenCarry but have been a VCDL member for several years. Started reading the threads and have come across what I assume is an abbreviation or acronymbut haven't figured out what it is.

:?

TEX1N

imported post

Here are a few more common acronyms that you will see on these forums:
CC = Concealed Carry
OC = Open Carry
OWB = Outside the waistband (holster)
IWB = Inside the waistband (holster)
BUG = Back Up Gun
AW = Assault Weapon
MG = Machine Gun

The following refer to concealed handgun permits, some prefer one acronym over the others and some are technically more correct depending on the laws of the State being discussed (i.e. CCW is incorrect for VA because we issue a concealed HANDGUN permit, not a WEAPONS permit):
CHP = Concealed Handgun Permit
CHL = Concealed Handgun License
CCW = Concealed Carry Weapons (permit)

Other terms:
PR = Peoples Republic (used to refer to an anti-gun state: PRMD = Peoples Republic of Maryland)
NOVA = Northern Virginia
2A = 2nd Amendment
NP = National Park
NF = National Forest
BTW = By The Way
IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Organizations:
NRA = National Rifle Association
VCDL = Virginia’s Citizen Defense League
PDO = Packing Dot Org (packing.org)
OCDO = Open Carry Dot Org (opencarry.org)

That is all I can think of right off. Maybe some others can help me out with any acronyms I have forgotten. BTW LargeSarge, welcome to OCDO! –TEX1N